![]() |
| It's gotten a bit tricky to get her to smile for the camera - she gets too interested in the camera itself. I have to play some serious peek-a-boo. |
Currently she LOVES to blow raspberries. On our trip, since Ruby was our bunk mate, we would usually wake up to her blowing raspberries as our alarm clock. She still is extremely social. I think she's working on being "discovered" by Hollywood, because she will smile at anyone and everyone. She even laughs quite easily - she's a very agreeable person to be around. Our Rubes also feels like she has to play catch up with her brother since she sees him running and rolling around everywhere all the time. She rolled over from her back to her belly for the first time on the 21st of June. Ross was 7 months old when he went from the back to the belly - given he was much shorter than Ruby and didn't have a sibling to keep up with. :)
![]() |
| LOVE her smile! |
I have also noticed how girly Ruby is - she's been admiring her hands a lot lately - like she's inspecting her nails...and then she grabs it and puts it in her mouth! She's really quite good at grabbing toys and other things you put in front of her. She certainly has a voice and squeals VERY much like a girl too. She always wants to be where the fun is and will squawk and squeal until you give her some attention or put her in the middle of it where she immediately flashes her smile and good looks to you in return. Moving and shakin' is also something she has to be doing. I can tell she's going to be all over the place once she starts crawling - she's always interested in what's going on. Even feeding her - she gets distracted quite easily and wants to know what's up with Ross or Steve. She still adores Ross and her Daddy above the moon and the stars. Anytime they talk to her she can't ever stop smiling. She loves it.
I love that she's a girl who knows what she wants - she knows when she's done eating, when she wants to be moved, when she wants attention, and when she wants to go to sleep. I love that she knows who she is already - that quality is going to be very much needed throughout her life. There are too many conflicting stereotypes out in the world that disagree with one another and more importantly - the Gospel of Jesus Christ - that we need more men and women who know who they are and aren't afraid to stand for what's true and right - no matter how sweet and enticing the bad is portrayed. Ruby is going to make a difference in this world I think, and I'm so grateful to be her mother.
We tried rice cereal for the first time yesterday. I started it sooner with Ross because he was always a hungry baby. Ruby hasn't been so much, and I figured it was just easier putting it off. She was ready and raring to go with the spoon. I thickened it a bit today and she polished it all off. She looked like Quasimodo eating though. No matter what I did, she preferred hunching down to the side (to get closer to the spoon I hadn't even raised to her mouth yet) and then keeping her head tilted while I put the spoon of food into her mouth. I would try and raise the spoon up high when to get her to sit up, but she would automatically hunch back down one I got the spoon close enough to her. I'm amazed at how quickly she has taken the spoon.
| More than ready to eat! |
| First bite...hmmmm |
| She's still thinking about it. |
| Sold! |
| To the Quasimodo in the Bumbo. :) |
Ruby has also gotten better at holding up her head and is working on sitting up. She still likes laying on her back with you talking to her or pumping her cute chubby legs. She was spoiled rotten by grandparents, aunts, and uncles who would hold her and walk her around to see everything. Her hair is slowly growing - he little bald spot in the back is just starting to get hair back. I'm dying to put cute barrettes in her hair, but we're still in the headband phase of life. :)
Ruby's routine goes wake up and eat around 7:30-8AM, play/adore Ross, goes down for a nap between 9:30-10, sleeps till 11:30 or noon, eats again (this is when we've tried the rice cereal), plays, we go for a walk or outside, naps again starting around 1:30 or 2 until about 4, eats, hanging out for a while, watches me make dinner (when I actually make it), naps again around 6 until just before 7, and eats around 7:30 before bedtime at 8PM. I then wake her up one time before I go to bed to feed her once more in the dark and she goes right back to bed. She's pretty good at sleeping through the night, but she's gotten extremely good at getting out of her miracle swaddle, but won't sleep unless she's wrapped back up in it - little stinker. So usually I'll wake up to re-swaddle her once more around 5 or 6 and go back to sleep until 8. It'll be nice when she sleeps without the swaddle. I have a feeling we're getting close to not swaddling.
Anyway - this girl continues to get cuter, and I keep falling in love with her over and over and can't seem to convince her to stop growing, because I can't get enough of my baby Rubies. Love her!




No comments:
Post a Comment