Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One Month Old Ruby

To start off - I'd like to report that the house has not yet burned down like I was so convinced it would with grandmas leaving us to act like we know what we're doing raising two kids now.  I have learned a new level of tiredness, but have also learned how to tolerate it better too - go me! (Considering that the lack of sleep is my kryptonite and I become the Hulk when it gets messed with).  I am a serious schedule person when it comes to our kids so I have had to set up what we're doing throughout the whole day for me to feel like I can cope - it's worked fairly well and we've only had a few both-kids-crying episodes so far.  I just laugh while they're both crying since at least one of us has got to do it to keep the family together! ;)
Ruby has hit her one month mark!  I can't believe it!  She's becoming more of a baby every day.  She was so excited for her one month birthday she decided she was going to try to stay up until the exact time she was born a month ago...2:08AM.  She was quite diligent in her quest no matter what her mommy or daddy would try to do to get her to sleep.  Eventually she became quite frustrated with our efforts and let us know that.  2:08 was almost within her grasp, but mama pulled out the big guns at about 1:15 after daddy had gone in circles luring her to sleep with his awesome bouncing skills only for her to start squawking moments later once he'd put her down, and fed her leaving her to conk out at about 1:45.  Needless to say the next day mom and dad were zombies.  
Look how excited she is!  She's even trying to hold up one finger! ;)

Love those baby blues. :)

Yeah - so I'm one month old - what of it?


We've found that Ruby likes to try to escape her swaddle just like her older brother (see her freed hand)

Love a good baby yawn :)

She's such a beauty!

To celebrate Ruby's one month oldness we had a little photo shoot.  She got to eat all her favorite foods - milk, milk, and more milk (though sometimes it wasn't to her taste and decided to spit it all over her mama).  We also went for a walk - all three of us by ourselves!  (I know - I'm brave).  Rubes decided it was nap time the entire walk which was fine with Ross so he could run around and play at the park for a while.  She also laughed and laughed and laughed (okay more like stared wide eyed and cooed with an occasional smile) with mom and dad while they watched Parks and Recreation that night. All in all - it was quite the celebration!  Ruby is very happy to be one month - no regrets and with lots of good goals for the future (like sleeping through the night!).  

Ross continues to be the most adorable boy of all time.  He sports some smokin' hot shoes all the time (courtesy of Bama Joanne who has outfitted his cute feet) that get rounds of compliments wherever we go, he has a fire truck and dump truck (courtesy of Bama Claudia who has outfitted each hand) that he carries with him wherever he goes and is happy to show it to anyone who will give him a chance.  He recently has become a bit more cuddly and snuggly with me when it's just the two of us which I totally love too.  
Ross has to continuously look at this picture.  Also - I had to take pictures of the fire truck and dump truck before he would let me take one of him.  This truck stays glued to one hand.

Ross's other hand's companion.

Here is the evidence that both hands are always filled with these.  Note - Ross didn't want to put his pants back on after a diaper change.  His legs are so dang cute I gave in. :)

This is a place you fill find Ross daily playing with his trucks. :)

Our walk in our super cool Phil and Ted Stroller.  Ruby is in the back.

Sneaky huh!

I love sleeping cozy babies. :)

So hooray for handling half a week of doing it on our own!  We may figure out this parenting thing just yet. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment