Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Dose of Grandma :)

I won't lie - I planned my life well convincing my mom to come for two weeks and my mother-in-law to come for two weeks after that.  I feel like I'm healing nicely and getting enough naps in to make up for the miserable midnight hours and I have time to plot how the heck I'm going to manage two children by myself during the days while Steve finishes school...I still have another week to come up with something so don't ask me what I'm going to do right now - because I have no idea!
Claudia has been amazing.  It's so nice to have another pair of hands to hold a baby, change a diaper, play with Ross, make a meal, and let me nap.  On top of all that I have also manipulated  convinced her to finish my unfinished (as in I cut out the pattern and material) baby blessing dress for Ruby.  She has it practically all finished and it's only been two days of her working on it!  That would pretty much be like 3 weeks of hard work for me and my lazy simple sewing skills.  Wahoo for awesome grandmas who save the day!  
We've enjoyed some amazing sunshine the last couple days (we forget what that's like here in Oregon) and we've stayed outside as much as we can getting some happy rays in.  
Ruby continues to fatten up weighing in at 9lbs now only being 3 weeks old!  Ross had a little check up and weighs 28 1/2lbs.  He better watch out - at the rate Ruby is gaining she's going to catch up quick!  The goal Claudia and I have had for her stay is get Ruby to really love the binky and also get some better sleeping patterns in at night.  So far it's about every other night she's sleeping well.  I found out she was a bit tongue tied and had to have under her tongue clipped a little to help with nursing (mama's been having some issues with that lately).  She took it like a champ though and hasn't let that hinder her need to nurse.  
This is one of Ruby's favorite positions to be held - and bounced - you get a nice arm workout that way. :)

Cute PJs from her Great Auntie Renee - look at those toes!

Yes - I do kiss that all the time. :)


Claudia has also shooed Steve and I out to go on a bunch of dates while she's here (we're so spoiled!).  We've found a cute new little diner called the Cruise in Diner - a 50's style burger place out in the middle of no where - everyone seemed to know each other there and it was pretty busy.  Delish!  We also did a repeat of seeing the Hobbit at the posh movie theater - Cinetopia.  We saw it in the movie parlor and quite liked it - it was cozy in the chairs and we shared some mud pie ice cream - yum!  
Other than that - Ross keeps entertaining everyone with his dances, marching around, and playing with toys.  I just want to eat his cute cheeks up everytime I see his face.  He's started a random trend of pulling his socks off his feet before going to sleep at night.  I always have to go in there and put them back on again.  He loves the peanut butter and jelly song (though we say honey since he had a peanut butter and honey sandwich when we introduced the song to him).  He'll sing "peanuuuuuuuut!!!  Butterrrrrrrrr!  Honeyyyyyyyyy!) Totally cute.  He can now count to 14 fluently - but prefers to count every other number with you if you want him to do it for you.  He knows his colors - purple, blue, green (most of the time), red, orange, yellow, pink, and white.  He does better when you ask him to show you where the color is though rather than ask him what the color is.  He knows the letter a,b,c,f,i,j,k,l,o,r,t, and z.  The other letters - it depends on his mood.  He could probably tell you every kind of truck that exists in the world (and - no - he's not going to be a trucker when he grows up...maybe he could be a mechanical engineer though). :)  He is a fabulous brother to Ruby and still brings the binky to the rescue for her, puts blankets on her, and tries to share his toys with her.  He also loves giving her kisses.  I never dreamed he would be so sweet right off the bat.  I LOVE that boy!  
Here is his "Happy Day!" energy for you to enjoy. :)
 

Ruby LOVES to be snuggled and has gotten much better at enjoying laying down and looking around observing everyone for longer stretches.  She's filling out her newborn clothes more and smiles like crazy in her sleep - totally cute.  I feel like I catch her comprehending her surroundings more in her eyes and sometimes I swear she's looking back at me.  Her lower lip trembles when she cries at times and she doesn't mind tummy time so much - especially if she has a binky in her mouth.  She and Grandma Claudia are best buds and love to have some snuggling time together.  
We are definitely getting adjusted and I look forward to Ruby getting more sleep at night in the future. :) Hooray for another week of the fabulous family of four!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your sweet arrival. I am so glad the recovery is going well. How great to have the help of mothers. Take care and keep enjoying every moment.

    ReplyDelete