Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baby Parties

I'm sure I've talked about how our ward is one of those with half consisting of  the actual native Oregonians, and then the other half are all young students...with young families.  Meaning - BABIES BABIES BABIES.  Our Sacrament meetings are always "full of life" however you would like to take that. ;)  Ross is a great contributor to that by the way...today is Stake Conference - every parent's dream for their active toddlers who can barely make it through one hour of Sacrament meeting - let's double it!  I do love the talks at Stake Conference though so hopefully I'll get to catch some of it. :)

Anyway - we have lots of people who move in and out - and recently a family moved in who are also from our beloved hometown of Mapleton.  Well - they've been living in Oregon for a while, but just moved to our neck of the woods.  I went to high school with Nick - seminary to be precise, and his wife, Kristin is having twins!!  Can you imagine moving and being due for twins within a couple months of that.  I decided to throw her a little baby shower so she could get to know some more people and we could all get excited about babies and their adorable little clothes and accessories.  I think it turned out well for the most part.  I was running around a little bit and, also being pregnant, spaced taking pictures.  I only got a few - so don't judge the quality. :)

So made Kristin's little theme for the shower "Two Peas in a Pod" so I got the idea to do cake balls and pair them up.  I was really proud seeing how this is the third time I've made cake balls, and it was probably the most successful I've been.  Also - I am not an artist - so this is a big deal for me!. ;)

The spread. :)

So I told everyone to get their plates of food and THEN decided to try to take some pictures of the decorations...smart me.  I should have taken better pictures of this cute sign my friend Kim made that said "Two Peas in a Pod".

We played a nursery rhyme game, name as many pairs as you can think of, guess the mommy's belly size, and pregnancy concentration (which is up on the wall). :)

A couple of pea pods. :)

Some delicious homemade oreo cookies made by my friend Kendra.  Kristin's having a boy and a girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment