Well 29 came. I actually haven't stated my age until tonight actually when I was telling the sister missionaries at dinner how old I was. I was quite happy when they both told me I looked much younger than 29. I don't really care if they were lying or not - I'm going to choose that they weren't.
I remember the age when I wanted people to stop telling me I looked older than I was. It was 22. I think that was because I had decided I was going to be married by the time I was 22...which ended up being a lie as I was actually 25 when I finally tracked Stephen down and dragged him to the altar before I got any older. ;) Anyway - yes - at 22 I wanted to be told I looked 22 - not younger, not older. By the time I was 25 I started wanting to be told I looked younger - that was a sad realization. Now I'm just hanging on to being in my 20's. Enjoy it while I can! At least I won't be pregnant for most of it - which brings me to my next point. I just realized I'm two days shy of being 32 weeks along...I could be full term with this little baby in 5 weeks. This pregnancy has flown by! I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the sleeping/nursing/recovering upset yet when the baby comes. So I'm going to grant that she can stay in there for a good long time at the moment.
Anyway - for my birthday - poor Ross decided to give me the present of him getting the croup (again)...I'm not sure why he feels the need to get sick on holidays - Christmas was another doosey which had included not only the flu, but Ross's first time having croup. He woke up not looking so good, and my kind dad stayed home with him while Steve and I went to Church. I have to say it was SUPER weird being at church childless. We had to keep poking each other to stay awake and enjoy the speakers since we didn't have a little toddler to be worried about. After coming home and everyone (including grandpa) taking naps - except poor Steve who had to study for his massive test - we had a delicious breakfast for dinner, and I got to open presents. I got the timeless BBC Pride and Prejudice movie, a Thomas S. Monson book, shirts, a porcelain cup from France from my grandma, and rainboots! Steve gave me a digital piano which I have absolutely LOVED as well. I haven't been able to play the piano in ages so it's nice to have my fingers tickle the keys again. We had birthday cake (which I made Steve make from scratch - no box cakes for this 29 year old!) and had a nice evening with my dad. What a day!
| Ready or not - here comes 29! |
| Ross is so happy for me. |
| Note the 2 candles and the 9 candles. I refused to have 29 individual candles! :) |
| Ross was a great help in blowing out the candles. :) |
| So I've been TERRIBLE at taking prego pics - here I am at 31 weeks - and yes - there are quite a few weeks left to go! |
Unfortunately for my dad, Ross had a doctor's appointment the next day and was pretty much quarantined for the next two days so we mostly stayed around here. That's what happens with sick kids. I don't think he was too bothered though since he got to be with his grandson anyway. :)
We LOVED having my dad stay - it was a great week to be with him!
| Ross now seeks out all puddles everywhere. So if you're a puddle - beware! Good thing the cold is good for the croup. |
| "All Done!" he says to me whenever I get the camera out. Because I need to put it away so I can go play with him. |
| Observing Grampa's approach to puddles. |
| He's pretty okay at it. :) |
| Mom - seriously - "All Done!" |
| Saying "I love you" to grandpa before he goes. We love you! |
Glad you had a fun birthday! Your dad sure loves his little grandbaby, I think Ross might be a little jealous when the new one comes!! :) But he'll get over it and love his little sissy.
ReplyDelete