Saturday, November 17, 2012

A "Sprinkle"

So my good friends Kim and Mandy threw me a baby "sprinkle" for our little baby boo #2 coming.  Since I already have baby things from having a boy - I was just in need of a "sprinkle" of girlie things.  I absolutely LOVED the idea!  It was such a fun afternoon.  Instead of games we made baby hair accessories.  We chatted and crafted and ate the DELICIOUS refreshments for well over an hour.  The presents were so kind, cute, and thoughtful!  It was nice to have a girls' time out too - who wouldn't love a little wife/mommy break for an hour or so? :)  Here is the sprinkle report from Kim.  I borrowed her pictures for my blog too.
I just realized I haven't posted the name Steve and I feel most good about.  Funny - it's not any of the four names we were brainstorming before (and still love).  We decided on Ruby Meghan White.  I have always loved hearing Elder David B. Haight refer to his wife, Ruby, in his conference talks.  He never referred to her as Sis. Haight - it was always "Ruby and I...".  I love that it refers to a precious stone, and that she'll have two colors in her name. :)  Ruby White - Steve had to come around to that one.  Maybe it's because he's had the name "White" his whole life.  Anyway - we both feel good about it so we'll see if it fits when she makes her appearance. :)  
So - after the sprinkle I've decided that Ruby is going to be one stylin' chick!  Baby showers or sprinkles for that matter sure make you excited to have your little baby!  
Kim's cute decorations!

Love Kim and Mandy for sprinkling me!

The crafting and chatting

The delicious food!

My friend Kendra's baby modeling our crafting - TOTALLY adorable!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I don't even remember Ruby being in the running. But I'm so pleasantly surprised! I LOVE that name! So beautiful, timeless, and unique, but not weird, you know? And I think it sounds great with your last name. OOOO I'm so excited! Ruby and Ross, that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete