Thursday, October 25, 2012

Some Fall Weather and Puddle Hunting

With the weather turning colder and wetter, we've been staying inside a little bit more thanks to a fair weather mom who doesn't like her temperatures messed with.  However, on my hunt for rain boots (which toddler rain boots apparently are quite rare...yes I know - you're thinking, "Are you kidding me?  You live in Oregon - the stores should be raining with rain boots!"  And I would agree with you...but apparently chain stores don't really take into account the graphics of where you live.  Target for instance carries winter snow coats - but ZERO rain coats.  Wal-mart had a total of two cheapy looking rain "coats" - more like plastic made out of ziploc bags - all in the ginormous size for Ross.  Also - I guess girls like to puddle jump more than boys, because they had a variety of girlie rain boots at Target and zero boy ones...and Wal-mart just didn't have any.  Thrift stores have left my efforts fruitless as well.  I had a dream last night that a HUGE shipment of rain boots arrived at Wal-mart and I was finally going to get Ross a decent pair.  THAT'S how much I've been thinking about rain boots.) 
Back to the story.
I DID find Ross a pair of snow boots at Goodwill for $4 AND a raincoat at our beloved Thrift City for $3.  Rain boots are still at large.  
SO - we used snow boots while we went outside today since the sun peeked out for a little while even though it was still pretty cold.  Yesterday there were a good bunch of puddles, but while we were out exploring with Ross, our hunt for puddles was almost in vain.  We did find a couple though that made him happy.  Good enough right?  We had a nice walk, played on the playground with our good friend, Wes, and trekked back home afterwards.  Hooray for fall!

Mom is catching up on the walk - what are they looking at?

Of course it would be some sort of tractor!

Completely captivated.  If anyone is wondering what he is wishing for at Christmas it would be a real tractor of his very own...or at least to be able to watch a live one anytime he wants!

Looking for some puddles - think we found one!

And he thought it was totally lame!

Taking a break from the puddle hunt for a swing.

I took a ton of pictures last year of Ross in this swing...since he was an adorable little blob then that could ONLY do the swings at the playground.  This was the best I could get out of him in the swing this time.  I think he was just disappointed still in our puddle find.

Crunching some leaves

We may have found a puddle!

Brilliant - it even has the reflection factor.

Nothing like a good puddle.
Is it nap time?  What do you think?  I was trying to get a picture of his cute Halloween shirt...this is all he would give me.

And this...good thing he's still adorable though - especially after a good nap. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man you sound like me. I get obsessive when I can't find what I want. Have you looked online? Target always has more selection on their website.

    ReplyDelete