Steve has been plowing away at school and trying to keep up maintaining his beach bod at the same time. He got another calling in addition to his teaching Elder's Quorum. He gets to be a ward missionary which he is pretty excited about. Steve was a pretty amazing missionary in Mexico and brought back so many wonderful missionary qualities and skills with him that he integrated into his own life. Since moving here to Oregon he's had a lot of opportunities to teach his classmates about our Church and sharpen his member missionary skills a little more. I have too - I'm not trying to skimp out here or anything - but Steve seems to get asked more outright about our beliefs. It's great.
Lately I feel I've plateaued a bit and am looking forward to a kick in the pants...and I've already been getting one reviewing last Conference's talks. I'm pretty sure I need to have a nice supply of endurance and motivation stored up for when this baby comes and my orderly world comes crashing down again - and Conference is going to be a much needed resource.
Ross and I have been busy keeping up the house - he still helps me empty the dishwasher daily - he's so happy doing it. I suppose it's motivation for me to keep the kitchen clean. :) He gives directions where to vacuum, tells me when it's time to go outside, turn on some music and have a dance party, or have a snack. He loves reading his books more and more and his obsession with tractors is only deepening. I have become more and more educated on all the different kinds of trucks and tractors there are in the world thanks to Ross. The library books we get are great resources for him to teach me from.
| Enjoying a booster seat while watching the BYU game...let's not talk about how they've been doing lately...it's too much of an emotional roller coaster. |
| Look how Ross is so pleased with himself sitting there. |
| Ross washing dishes...I was in charge of drying - the lame job. ;) |
| I peeked in on Ross while he was hanging out in his room...I love finding him doing this. |
| Even though he trashed his room first. |
| Some serious reading with dad. |
One of Ross's latest developments are the ways he throws a tantrum or wants me to know he's upset with me. He runs around in a little circle about three times with his arms raised as high as they can go while he yells "no no no no no!" and then plops on his bum, smacks those hands on the ground calling out a few cries, and then lays fully on the ground. It is just about the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. I wish I could get it on video. It's a beaut.
Ross has also learned the word "happy" and LOVES saying it. He always stops on the pages of his books that say it, and is very unsatisfied with the other emotions that aren't "happy." He even likes to do a "happy dance" if I tell him to and he's in the mood. :) Oh we love that little boy - he is a complete hoot. He's trying more to repeat words when we tell them to him now which is a lot of fun, and he understands SO much...I just wish he understood that you don't run away from mom when you're outside...the more pregnant I get - the more those little leashes don't sound so crazy to me. He's getting much faster - more of a trot than fast walking now.
Ross has two molars on the right side of his mouth and is finally starting to get them on the other side...though he hasn't been too happy about it lately. He gives the best hugs and kisses, and loves to share his toys for the most part.
| What is it with Ross and boxes? :) He was SO happy being pushed all around the house in this. Too bad the "engine" wears out so quickly. |
I don't think I've mentioned this - but I learned to can this summer from my good friend, Kim. White peaches may just be my downfall. That is my ultimate favorite fruit that I could never EVER get sick of. They are just going out of season now, and Kim convinced me to try canning them so I can enjoy them all year round. :) It sure takes a while, but it's going to be so worth it in the end! I just got some material to make our little girl's blessing dress - wish me luck...I'm a mediocre sewer at best - so I'm pretty sure this is going to take me a long time. I've also become obsessed with finding a Phil and Teds double inline stroller as of late thanks to my other friend, Amy. That girl can sell you on ANYTHING I tell you. She should get paid for promoting products, because I feel like my life can never be the same again until I have whatever it is she told me about...and this stroller has been even in my dreams! Unfortunately they cost an arm and a leg, so I've been scouring over craigslist hunting for one.
We put up our Halloween decorations and I'm getting excited for the holidays again. It's still VERY sunny - I forgot what it's like to have continuous rain, but it's starting to gradually cool down. I wonder what this winter will be like. Well this post has been a bit of a random update, but I felt like I needed to document something. :) On life goes - and here fall comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment