Friday, October 19, 2012

Scrapes, Sore Throats, and Some Other Stuff

I'm shocked that October is already on the down slope.  It feels like we just got into October and should not be anywhere near on the way out.  The weather definitely feels like fall now.  I will say - last year it seemed like pleasant fall weather stayed around a little more.  The leaves still look gorgeous here, but there have been spurts of rain and wind that have taken a bunch of them down already.  My beloved golden trees from our old Parkview apartment have mostly all fallen already.  Pity.  I'll try to enjoy the rest of the fall as much as I can.

Recently Ross has become our little parrot.  He likes to try lots of words and will give it a good honest go when we put one up to him.  Quesadilla is a new hilarious favorite of his - pronounced more like "ca-dia" for him, and "applesauce" - which is actually pretty on the mark.  His pig sound is one of my favorites - he says it more like "hnk" while blowing the air out of his mouth.  He now will say the word "tractor" with a very masculine raspy throaty voice - because any sort of truck or tractor is serious business when it comes to him.  

On the playground - Ross has gotten much more daring to his mother's dismay.  He likes to charge to the end of the bridge or walking area and stop only when he gets right to the edge - not funny.  Climbing up on anything is another adventure that never gets old - chairs are his favorite....especially the one to the computer where he can climb up and scroll the mouse like a big kid.  Whenever he achieves his mountaineering skills at the peak of his goal he likes to shout "Howareya?!" to any and everyone.  I've tried to get it on video, but the fascination with the camera distracts him too much to capture the essence of it all.  Recently he took a fall at the playground trying to master some of the steps and ended up with a mouthful of wood chips and some battle wounds to tell the story.  He was fine within a few minutes, but not too happy about the wood chip snack.  He also took a fall off a picnic bench which scared him more than anything...I have a feeling I'll be having about a million more heart attacks before...well...I'm dead - worrying about my children.
Best face ever! "How are ya?!"

Sporting the battle wounds

Poor face

Playing with blocks

He LOVES to walk everywhere - he'll keep chanting at me from the stroller "walk walk walk walk walk" all the time.  We have a vague understanding that he's allowed to walk if he stays by me...which lasts a little while.  He'll learn someday right?  I can't get over how he's started trotting/running and exaggerates his hip twisting while he does it - so proud of himself. :)  He has the cutest little body!  

His latest check up left us with his head still in the 90 percentile, weight of 27.3lbs in the 75 percentile, and his height around the 30 percentile...short and chubby. :)  Although I feel like he's barely gained anything in the last few months - especially with his picky eating habits, and I'm pretty sure the nurse measured his height wrong.  Just saying. :) 



He loves to point out the moon, birds, trucks or "cucks", and airplanes ALL the time.  His little friend Wes is just about his favorite person ever next to his Daddy.  Whenever he gets to play he chants his name "Wes Wes Wes" over and over.  When Steve gets home Ross always looks like he's about to have a heart attack of excitement as he scrambles up to run to see him.  He is seriously Steve's number one fan.  In the mornings when Ross wakes up grumpy - the only thing that semi appeases him is if Daddy is holding him the whole time.  They are definitely little buddies, him and his daddy.
Little buddies - Ross LOVES Wes' firetruck shirt

Steve has been slaving away at school daydreaming to me all the time that someday he'll be done with school and will be happy making some money.  He works so hard - we're super proud of him.  He's gotten VERY into the political debates - even coming home early to watch them instead of doing homework.  I find the debates almost embarrassing for the candidates - it seems to me they've forgotten how to have a grown up debate and keep to answering questions and not tattling on each other the entire time.  It will be interesting to see how the polls turn out.  

Two weeks ago it seemed like a plague hit everyone around here - a flu bug was going around, and Steve got this horrendous sore throat that lasted over  a week.  School and sickness do NOT got together.  And crazy weird Oregon is the only one of two states that requires a prescription for the behind the counter psuedophedrine decongestant.  We've stocked up from Utah, but Steve used up all our resources - he's FINALLY on the mend, but it wasn't fun while it lasted.  I wonder if how BYU football's been doing has had anything to do with it. :)  He always seems so devastated when we've lost.  I think Steve has had more drama with BYU football than he's EVER had with me. :)  How's that for a relationship!  Haha.
Steve trying not to spread the germs

Can you feel his pain?  Is it his throat or football?

Cheese!

I've been trying to keep up with our house...which works sometimes, and keep Ross entertained.  I've decided to try and make our little girl's baby blessing dress and have just started it...wish me luck.  I'm no expert sewer, so we'll see how this goes.  Although whenever I put Ross down for that wonderful nap, I seem to end up taking one too lately!  This pregnancy thing is starting to take its toll I think.  Last week we walked to the city center and back twice one day - a total of about 4 1/2 miles...and when I got home the second time I was so exhausted from everything we did that day, I just sat down and cried....just because I was tired.  So silly, but I suppose I need to watch it a little more.  

I'm heading into the third trimester - which is nuts - and our little baby boo #2 is a little rolley polley.  She's definitely filling in all my old stretch marks and spaces.  I had a random dream the other night that I had had the baby and they were sending me home, but I made them take my blood pressure which was 246/something else.  I started swelling up everywhere and was so sad I couldn't go home yet.  Ridiculous!  

And - yes - wasn't General Conference amazing?  It went by way too fast, but afterwards it was a testimony to me why we have modern day Prophets today.  It's so wonderful to be reminded what is truly important in life and how to better protect our families from the outside evils of the world.  It was wonderful. I hope you loved it too!

Ross couldn't wait for General Conference to start. :)  That or he was super excited I got the camera out.  He likes to look at the pictures after.

I think he was trying to open his mouth as big as he possibly could right here...

Okay - maybe a little bit wider. :)

Conference drink break

I had no idea this was being taken - there's a prego belly.  I was 26 weeks along here. :)

Ross really loves General Conference!
 
Anyway - there's another update on our fascinating lives!    

2 comments:

  1. Ross is like a kid now, not a baby! My, how time flies! I'm really excited for him and Ally to start their romance early in February. ahh I miss you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your baby is a little boy! I guess that will be nice when your new little one comes along. And I want to see the blessing dress when it's all finished.

    And cute prego belly!

    ReplyDelete