Friday, June 29, 2012

We Bought a Bed

Yes - finally - after sleeping on the mattress I've had since I was probably 9 years old - we decided it might be time for a new mattress after realizing how much better we slept in Newport.  It's arrived and I'm in heaven.  There's really nothing like a good bed.  We had our first experience shopping for a mattress, and I have come to realize that I am the sucker that do whatever the salesman convinced me to do, and Steve is the one who grounds us both.  Bless him for that!  These mattress salesmen are good too.  They make everything sound so great and try to convince you that no one else will have as great a deal as them...and they only have one left that could go at any time at the price they're telling you.  One that just happens to be there when you go back a week later.  I also found that every store will automatically match whatever price you brought them from another store.  This worked to our advantage in the end.  We got a bed that was $1,900 on sale for $1,000 down to $600.  It was $50 over our planned budget...but I'll take a $1,900 bed for that.  And I'll sleep just fine too. :)  On our way to go work out the deal for our bed, Steve had to have me reassure him about every 10 minutes that we were still going to be frugal and not spend all of our money after that...since he's apparently labeled me the spendy wendy with my desire for a new bed (note: Steve also wanted it too for the record), and he is labeled the cheap pete.  I think we make a good match actually when it comes to finances for the most part - which is a big deal when it comes to a marriage!  Anyway - we bought a bed - and we both feel good about it.  The end. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment