Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Seaside

You know we've been so busy here with Steve in school and me not having a car that we've half forgotten the beach is only an hour away!  I, of course, remembered yesterday afternoon, and after realizing it was supposed to rain today, was convinced by Stephen to just pick up and go right after Ross's nap.  It was totally worth it!  We decided to head north to Seaside this time and were quite pleasantly surprised at how beautiful and huge the beach was.  It wasn't too windy and just a bit overcast, but totally doable.  Ross, we've decided, is a total and complete water baby...or toddler I suppose I should say (but I really don't want to).  He LOVED the waves coming up and running over his feet.  He didn't want to leave.  I wish I would have thought to bring all our beach stuff, but I figured it was going to be a bit cold so I nixed it.  We walked around, took a ride on the carousel nearby and enjoyed all the shops, leaving with our souvenir magnet.  We had dinner at the Lumberyard Grill that's a bit south at Cannon Beach which was quite delicious as well.  Ross was a hoot the entire time which made it that much more fun.  
Other than that - we've finally refolded and actually put away our mounds and mounds of laundry and have tried to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.  :)

This baby seriously needs a diaper change...

And Daddy is the winner!

I love snuggly post-bath babies



His teeth make his look so much older - so sad!

He is thoroughly excited to be at the beach. He hasn't even been in the water yet!


I have such handsome boys in my life!

I LOVE Ross's face here
And here

Baby footprints

Post Splash Pic


And a carousel ride. ;)

Ross borrowing some wheels outside - going for a spin.  His friend Wesley who is almost one liked pushing him down the sidewalk - and Ross liked riding.  We tried to get it on film but by then Wesley realized pushing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to live in a place with a name as wonderful as Seaside. I miss you! I'm calling you tomorrow. Promise. When I get a minute after church!

    ReplyDelete