Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grandparents Galore!

I won't lie - I have loved having our parents coming to visit us - and it's been pretty often as well!  There's nothing like having family around to make life more fun. :)  I was a lot lamer at taking pictures this time - so you'll have to forgive me.  My mom and dad were down in Fort Bragg helping my grandparents get ready for their big move to Utah.  The decided to take a very large detour and come visit us for a few days.  I won't lie - having a mom come and take care of you is so nice - it makes us moms of babies feel like we can have a mom taking care of us again making that burden that you're totally fine with feel just a little lighter.  Both my mom and dad were so great to have stay with us.  They cooked, they cleaned, they entertained Ross, and even let Steve and I go be kids on two whole dates!
We took them to Seaside which was completely packed, but lots of fun.  Ross - as I've said before - is a water maniac.  He would be nonstop shivering and trying to run back to the waves in the ocean.  Even when we took him all the way to the top of the beach he was still trying to get back to the water.  We walked around, looked at shops, ate ice cream and headed home.  
We went to the Children's Museum again too which was another hit for Ross.  My parents had a hoot playing with him and watching him just go go go.  It reminds me why it's no fun living so far away from grandparents.  Ross was super sad when they left.  There's nothing like having number one fans who do nothing but entertain you, give you what you want, and take you where you want.  Now he's back to being stuck with his mean ol' parents who make him eat healthy things, go to bed, and not pick him up on a whim and take him outside whenever he wants. :)  I think he still likes us though.
Here's the boy trekking back to the ocean - since walking on the sand is too hard.

Ross and Grams

Steve and his fruit popsicle stick...this is a normal occurrence since it's summer. :)  At least it's not otter pops...which he has been banned from.

Of course they had to go to the Man's store!

Water baby at the musem
Loving some drums!

Building


Destruction!



Digging some more. :)


Tell me this is not the cutest thing ever!  He is too adorable.

And not happy to be taken away from the water....figures. :)

We've been somewhat busy lounging around. ;)  We went berry picking the other day.  That was hilarious with Ross who is also a berry addict.  We had two buckets, but whichever of us had Ross did a miserable job of filling them.  I think Ross might have eaten his weight in raspberries. :)  Whenever you'd pick one, he'd grab and eat it.  By the time you picked the next berry he was ready and waiting for you to intercept it before it hit the bucket.  We did manage to get 5 lbs of raspberries - and all for $8.  Woot woot!  Steve was so excited to berry pick - I practically had to drag him away since it was Ross's naptime.  We made a good few batches of delicious homemade raspberry jam (yeah - I know you all want to come visit us NOW!) :)  which we have been enjoying.


Yesterday we had some kind friends invite us to the zoo with their pass.  Ross was super ornery (teething) so we were itching to get out of the house.  It was grotesquely hot, but the animals were distracting which was good.  The only problem is that Ross has his own agenda when it comes to walking places.  He always seems to want to go the opposite way.  Someday he'll learn.  Our friends showed us some new places we didn't find last time.  I've decided we'll need to go when it's nice and rainy so the animals will all come out to play. :)
Waiting for the bird show...

They showed three birds...all within 5 minutes - lame!

Ross trying to go the other way - as usual.

Seeing the cool cheetahs



Other than that Steve and I are attempting to be healthy.  Steve is winning more than me - he's determined to get his beach bod back (which I think he already has) and has been faithfully working out every day and eating much better.  I've been enjoying the school's gym since hardly anyone is there and I get to do the elliptical.  Ross gets his work out by never stopping EVER unless he's sleeping.  When he's stuck inside he does laps around our kitchen or couch and lots of squatting while he explores his toys.
Ross is just becoming a kid!  Boo. :(  I've wanted him to stay my little baby, but he likes to joke around, play hide and seek if you hide, stir things, dig, throw EVERYTHING, eat off your plate and climb all over you.  He especially enjoys the stairs and keeps attempting to climb then like adults which scares the heck out of me!  He's already taken a tumble down half of them with no bumps or bruises thank goodness.  His new words are hat, ball, dog, bawk (like a chicken), and uh-oh.  He'll say the sounds of A, B, C - though I haven't heard him say the c sound yet - Steve has testified it's true.  We're trying to get him to say words more instead of always responding to just his sounds and whines (which I think comes with being a first time parent).  He makes us laugh so hard every day.  He is a total joker and loves laughing any chance he gets.  He is becoming extremely good at resisting being put in his stroller, and he has a thing for toothbrushes.  He's got two molars coming in and a couple other front teeth coming.  He LOVES biting things - apples, pears, fingers - anything. :)  He is a total hoot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment