Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ross in a Box Part 2

So we were finally going through filing papers and all the tidbit things that are always left out waiting to be put away, and to keep Ross happy and not flopping on his back, bonking his head, we put him in our filing box - which he was content in for quite some time.  What is it with Ross and boxes??


Happy as a clam!

Bath time again! Got the splash in action. :)

 
So it's been raining for a while now - a couple weeks - and I'm still okay with it.  It stops enough to go for a little walk and then drizzles some more.  It feels very fall-ish here - which I hear is not how it is back home in Utah.  Utah always seemed to have drastic weather changes - only allowing a few days of the perfect weather in between summer and fall/winter.  I'm wondering how Oregon is going to be this winter.

Steve is starting his next round of exams - this time they are all spread out so it's about one a week.  This morning when he was stretching his neck he apparently pulled too hard.  He's pretty miserable.  Hopefully it goes away soon.  His constant studying doesn't leave much time for him to be as active as he used to be.  He also got a calling!  He is now a third Sunday Elders Quorum Teacher.  He says he's not a fan of teaching in church (his mission would say otherwise), but he's decided it will be good for him, and also good for his school schedule.  Wahoo for callings!

I've noticed that Ross is starting to act like the only child that he is.  He wants to be entertained all the time now and if I leave the room for a minute - he's not too happy about it.  I don't blame him though - he really is my main job here at home so why wouldn't he expect me to wait on him hand and foot?  Haha - so I'm trying to hold back a bit more and let him sort himself out sometimes.  It's funny how hard that is for me to see him crying about something - I used to be really good at dealing with crying as a teacher...now my own son has me wrapped around his little pinky toe!  Well - we're all learning here aren't we. :)

I found out my little sis and my dad are both coming for my birthday in November!  It will be fun to have them around and spend some time with Ross.  They sure miss him.  We'll be missing my mom in that bunch.  Hopefully she'll get out this way soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment