Saturday, April 2, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

Wow - I now have a two week old baby...and I have never felt so clueless in my life about how to take care of him.  Give me 6 month olds, give me first graders, I'm good to go...give me a newborn and I am all thumbs!  I've heard of all of this exhaustion throughout my whole pregnancy, but there really is no way to describe it when you get it.  I will say breastfeeding is not only physically draining but emotionally too when you're starting out.  I had no idea how to go about it.  Thankfully, my friend recommended the book Babywise which gives you a clue on how to start with your baby.  I wish I would have read it before I had my little guy so he wouldn't have the bad habits I've already instilled in him!  We're in training though...it's rough, but let's hope it ends up being worth it.  I didn't think I would be one of those moms who's heart breaks whenever her little baby cries out....I totally am.  I can be as hard as nails with other people's kids, but I've become mush with my own son!  

Wouldn't it be great if men could breastfeed too?  Haha - I think that all the time in the middle of the night when I am the one getting up.  

I must say though - there is nothing like realizing this beautiful little baby came from you and is so tiny and dependent on you.  Ross is the most beautiful baby.  He and I have been having some serious getting to know each other time and he's a fun little guy to get to know - just his facial expressions alone get me!  Wahoo for being a mom and openly admitting I have no idea what I'm doing.  Hopefully he'll turn out!

 
So he kind of looks like the Gerber baby with his big eyes.  Adorable!



There's nothing like baby feet!

This is a better family picture.  We love little Ross.

5 comments:

  1. Go Babywise! It's seriously the best thing EVER. I didn't discover it until the Bubs was 9 months old, so just think of all the fun habits I had to break him of then! It was a really hard month, but now he sleeps like a champ, both day and night! Keep going, soon you'll feel like an old pro with your tiny little guy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I never have a clue what to do with newborns. I'll have to look at that book when we're having our next for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys sure are a good looking family!

    I hear you on the turning to mush thing. Babywise was definitely written by a man as it went against all my maternal instincts :) I discovered that a simple routine worked better than a time-dictated schedule anyway....felt more nurturing.

    And who'd ever thought you could be so entertained by a yawn? Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've never heard of babywise. I just kind of went for it. Kate and I got a routine working so that I knew that about this time she'd be sleepy and about this time she'd be hungry and that was that. It all works out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete