| Born in 2001 and semi-retired in 2011 |
| The New Rookies |
My mother bought me these shoes when I was a junior in high school and I thought they were weird shoes that I would never wear. I found them in my closet some time later and decided to just try them out since I couldn't find my tennis shoes that day...thus began a love that has never died. These shoes had everything a tennis shoe should have but they had one extra trait that made all the difference - the slip on element. I have never loved a shoe so much in my life! They have been everywhere from my being a summer camp counselor in Maine to my semester in Nauvoo to my mission in England to all through my pregnancy being the only shoe that my swollen feet would feel comfortable in. They are beaten and ugly, but the comfort and sweet memories cannot let me ever throw them away. My mother and sister have attempted to sway my affections for another pair of shoes that slip on...which, I must say, they are a sweet pair of shoes, but I don't know if I can ever let the old ones go. So this is my ode to them in their semi-retirement. Cheers to the shoes of a decade!
Love the new shoes! I agree on not throwing them away. It's like pictures that show you different memories. You can't just throw memories out like that. :) Haha that is cool that they've been with you through so much.
ReplyDelete