And so it begins...I had never yet entered the world of the bloggers until now. I decided since Steve and I are expecting a little boy to come mix up our crazy lives I should attempt to document some form of what goes on with us! And, with it being New Year's and all...what a great time to start!
Steve and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and have loved every minute of it. We are both from Mapleton, Utah and never dreamed we would marry someone from the same place! Lucky us! We have lived in Provo on the west side of town...where our apartment complex neighbors are wonderful, but most of the rest of the neighborhood receive about weekly visits from the police. Flashing lights no longer phase us. ;) Okay - I may be exaggerating, but we don't mind the rent and we love our ward.
Steve is finishing his undergraduate in Exercise Science and will graduate this spring. Wahoo! He has applied for graduate school in the Physical Therapy programs, and we are just waiting to find out about interviews this next month. He is more than excited to be done with his undergrad. He keeps quite busy being a full time student, being a head T.A. for Human Anatomy, doing research for a professor, and working as a Physical Therapy Tech at Peak Physical Therapy. He is serving as Elders Quorum President right now in our ward as well. He is a BUSY man!
I am in my third year of teaching elementary school and in my second year of teaching 1st grade. They are a cute class for sure. Thank goodness the beginning of the year is over - training six year olds in how to do school is quite the ordeal. I've kept busy serving as the Young Women's President and then the 2nd counselor in the Stake YW Presidency.
Steve and I found out in July that we were expecting our first little addition to our family. We couldn't be more excited! The morning sickness wasn't too horrible. Steve mostly wasn't allowed to talk about food unless given permission. The few things I could stand that first trimester were chocolate creamies, cole slaw, ginger ale, and steak. What a random selection of foods! I started teaching just before the first trimester was over which was nice. The second trimester was the funnest having more energy and enjoying food once again. I haven't had many cravings - I think Steve has taken over that part of the pregnancy. He has had many symptoms including late night runs for cherry popsicles or rootbeer floats as well as sore feet, hands, and back that need to be rubbed all the time! He has been a very great husband of a pregnant woman. Apparently my being pregnant was much easier for him than he expected. He had this idea that I was going to turn into a raving, hormonal, emotional maniac. Maybe because we are having a boy - the lack of extra estrogen has saved me from the emotional mania. Who knows? Steve has wanted all boys forever, but after finding out we're having a boy now, he's okay with having a girl next (since he can decide and all). :)
I took the glucose screening test for gestational diabetes and got a very high sugar count back...and then had to take the tolerance test which takes over three hours and I couldn't eat all the yummy holiday treats for three days before I took the test. It was terrible - and I don't wish that on anyone! They take four blood samples (which left bruises) and you have to fast. Fasting when pregnant is NOT funny. The lab results were normal, and my doctor thought they probably gave me the wrong dose during the screening test which resulted in a high number he had never seen before. Sheesh! We are just glad I don't have gestational diabetes. Now I am in my third trimester - the long hall. I've got quite the bowling ball belly and the stretch marks to prove it. I never stretch marks could be so ugly! Steve keeps telling me it's just part of the passage of life, and he'll love me anyway...it doesn't make the marks any prettier though. :)
We've decided on the name Ross Charles White for our little guy. Ross is Steve's first name that comes from his grandpa on his mom's side. Charles is my dad's middle name. We like the name, but still have to see him to make sure that name fits. Little Ross has graduated from kicking and punching me to what feels like resistance exercises. I'll see and feel my belly be pushed out on one side and held there in that position for a while and then he'll relax. He seems to like rolling around in there and trying to expand his living space. I think that's how I've gotten these stretch marks! It is such an amazing feeling to feel a little something moving inside you...weird - like an alien moving around - but such a miracle. I can't believe my body just knows how to house and grow this little person. It's amazing!
With the Christmas break coming to an end, we are both a bit sad but back to taking it all a day at a time. 2011 is going to be quite the year with a new baby in the future and who knows where we will be living as well! What an adventure!
Yay for a blog! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYay Stacey! Welcome to the world of blogging! And I am super excited for you guys to be parents. It is a life-changing and amazing experience. You're going to be a GREAT mom!
ReplyDelete