Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Night of Music in Hollywood Piano Recital

Well we did another recital with my little clan of students.  I told myself I was going to tone it down, but I think the theme was too much fun!  

I, of course, am the queen of using other people's ideas, so I again referred to my amazing friend, Maren, who did a Hollywood recital night herself. :)  

My students all learned two songs from the movies and even dressed up like one of the characters from one of their songs.

I had opening music all ready and made them all walk down the red carpet to the piano when it was their turn.  I shared a little about each of them including their favorite joke, movie, character they are most like, and what they liked about piano (I kept waiting for someone to say theory ;) ).  

Decorating took me a couple hours, but it went up pretty smoothly.  I borrowed a few movie posters from our local movie theater (perk of living in a small town) and had little Oscars for each student at the end with a golden goodie bag. :)  


I set up the night before...which ended up feeling a little creepy all by myself!



The food (the best part) ;) was golden cinnamon rolls (I found edible golden food coloring spray paint to glaze the top of the frosting), tuxedo strawberries, red vines, golden werther's and Hershy kisses, gold and red peppers, black olives, and, of course, popcorn!  We had sparkling cider to drink as well.  AND, amazingly, the clean up after was not as bad as I anticipated!

My pictures did not turn out as amazing since, as usual, I was getting stuff put out to the last minute.  So I snapped these as quick as I could!






Also, you shouldn't leave strawberries in the freezer. ;) Mine passed the test, but by the next day they were all gushy!

I love they way the gold food coloring spray looked on the cinnamon rolls!

It was a really fun night, and I think the kids all enjoyed it.  They picked some HARD songs, and I was amazed at how they pulled through.  I am going to be gone most of June, so we HAD to do the recital then or else wait like 6 weeks.  It turned out really well. :)





So Darth Vader here asked me if he should wear his mask while he played.  I suggested he didn't in case it made it harder to play or see the music...

And he ROCKED both of his songs wearing his mask BOTH times.  Wow!

Princess Lea and the Star Wars Theme :)

Fraulein Maria also brought her drink with jam and bread. ;)

Michael from Mary Poppins also showed up with the biggest word you ever heard! 
Hermione also cast a spell on us with her Hedwig's Theme.

Our up and coming Broadway star shared some Phantom and Dancing Queen tunes!
 And Elsa must have let go and run away, because somehow I lost her picture!  But she enchanted us with her tunes anyway!

The amazing cast!

Love these kids!  They did great!





I had the music for all my students' songs at the end and we had a fun dance party and then cleaned up afterwards.   

Definitely a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment