Sunday, September 20, 2015

Some Reunions of Sorts #1 Staheli Reunion

So back to Utah we went!  We were planning a Church History trip to Nauvoo and it worked out to go earlier and stay a little later after and squeeze in a couple of family reunions.  Also, my wonderful in-laws very graciously offered to watch our three hoodlums while we went to Nauvoo for 4 days.  

This kid is excited to get some lovin' from his Grandmas and Grandpas!

This time around, I did not feel good about driving through the night, so we did a Priceline deal in Rifle at 2AM, and while I will never stay there again with the smells of smoke somehow making their way in to our non-smoking room, a broken toilet seat, and cobwebs around the corners - I'll remind you - it was 2AM - and I was just glad to have a bed to sleep in.

The hotel.  Ross and Ruby woke up just as we pulled in and were ready to go for another hour....sigh.

We got to Utah the next afternoon and had a BBQ with my family and shot off rockets much to Ross and Ruby's delight.  Ross had it figured out to get Ruby to run after them wherever they went and leave the button pushing to him.  Haha.  He did have to give in after a while when Ruby started to realize she was getting duped.  

Back in the saddle again!  Rowly loves his Gramps :)

The rocket making boys being weirdos...seriously.

Ross doing his duty in shooting off the rockets.

Ruby the runner...running in style.  This girl always has a pair of beads on...or fancy shoes...or a fashionable hat.  It's all about accessories people.

She is the most beautiful rough and tumble girl in the world.  She takes me breath away - even in her orphaned hairstyle look! ;)

Documenting I was present and not just behind the camera.  This is an over the top cheese face!

Grams and Rubes collecting rockets.  Ruby is starting to look a little big - my little volleyball player in the makings...

Ross waiting for more rockets to make their way back...

Ross needed a little reminding sometimes to WAIT until the rocket was ready to go before pushing the button. ;)  He would just get too excited.

I was so excited to see my little nephew Jaxton again along with my sister and brother-in-law.  They weren't going to make it down, but luckily, after pleading my case, they were kind enough to grant me an appearance! :)  He's a cute little stinker and he and Rowly were quite interested in each other.  Rowly just looked in awe of all that Jaxton could do - walking, crawling, sitting up like it took no effort.  Rowland set some serious goals after that I think. :)

Steve and I snuck in a temple visit to the new Payson Temple.  BEAUTIFUL.  Though we didn't know you couldn't rent the temple clothing there - whoops.  We still got to go though and were very refreshed.

This cute Auntie hangin' with Rowland. She got him nice and warmed up while Steve and I went to the temple.

My sis got this DELICIOUS picture of my brown eyed baby - doesn't he just melt you??? He melts me - that's for certain!

Trying to get Rowland to eat, but Jaxton was just too cool to ignore. :)

Later we went to Salem Pond for a picnic and playing and then got a visit in with my sweet grandparents before stopping for a quick look at the chalk the block at the Riverwoods and another stop at Swig (I had never been there before).  It was all quite delightful.  

The boys checkin' out the park.  Rowland owning his thrown.

So I'm definitely going to be that aunt every niece or nephew groans about when they hear she's coming over.  I'm definitely a cheek pincher and kisser - LOVE this boy!

Feeding some ducks with Grams

Some cool dudes chillin' in the rays. ;)

Grandpa hangin' with the babies in their sweet awesome hats.  Do you think he's enjoying it?? ;)

AHHHHHHH!!!!  I can't take the cuteness.  Love him!

Rowland didn't seem to mind the grass.  He kept trying to grab it. Haha.

Checkin' out the chalk.



Our favorite one - it was SO exact like the video game!

That evening was spent watching the BYU football game with family, and then the next morning we went to Stake Conference with my family.  The Sunday afternoon we finally had all my siblings together since last April for Rowland's baby blessing.  It was fun.  We played Farkle (a new family favorite along with Five Crowns) and then Steve and I got ready for our big trip! 

Awesome Uncle Dallas!

So I love this picture of my brothers with Rowland.  Garrett has never had any idea what to do with babies - but he's a rockstar when it come to playing with kids.  Dallas is pretty well rounded in the baby/kid department all together.  Ross and Ruby follow them around trying to get them to play with them 24/7 when they are there.  Love my brothers. :)

Grandma Staheli getting some snuggles in.  Rowland doesn't mind it. :)

Ruby got a SWEET awesome Snow White Princess dress that she LOVES from Grammy Joanne.  It's LEGIT too.  I'm scared to even let her wear it for dress up it's so nice!

Garrett kept trying to get Ross to do his signature look of NOT looking at the camera haha - luckily he listens to his mother. ;)

Buddies - I could listen to their conversations all day.  Garrett kept trying to tell Ross they didn't have any more money to build the railroad, and Ross kept telling him to just go get some more (duh).  Haha.

And Rowly fell asleep after a while. :)

Soooo - for a short time Ruby was MIA.  Actually we knew she was downstairs...but it was too quiet...

Not only had she bitten a piece out of this candle.  She also BIT BOTH ends off my mother's candlesticks as well...I promise I feed her!!!  But she prefers other mediums to dine on - wax, rocks, sticks, dirt, leaves, earthy things I would say...

Oh yeah - AND my chapstick!!!  I think she wanted to give me something to remember her by while I was gone for four days...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment