Sunday, January 18, 2015

Getting Ready for the Next Chapter...Another One!

So it's no hidden secret that I love books.  Having taught Elementary School and having access to book orders galore as well as all the other discount book offers to teachers AND having worked in a bookstore previous to that - I have accumulated quite a few.  

When I finished teaching, Stephen tried to convince me to give away a bunch of my books seeing how much I had actually acquired from being in the classroom for three years.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Tell a teacher to give away her books?  You've got to be kidding me.  Steve told me we'd never have to go to a library which I thought was a compliment as well. :) Anyway - to say the least - we still have them and my children are book lovers as well.  We STILL go to the library weekly in addition to enjoying all the books I have.  

On my LDS mission to England, I found so many of the houses actually had names for them.  I thought this was the most charming idea and vowed that I would name my own house someday - and it would be "The Book Nook".  One of my favorite mission companions even gave me a cute sign that said "The Book Nook" to hang in my house for a wedding present.  Not sure if Stephen will let me name our future house we actually buy "The Book Nook" but I will FOR sure have a library room labeled it. :)  

Anyway - I find myself comparing my life to the way a book flows more often than not.  We keep opening up new chapters, I keep waiting for it to simplify somewhat, only to find the plot thickening, more characters entering in, and new challenges or adventures to face.  

THIS chapter that is coming up has left me in somewhat of a panic.  Hitting the three children phase of family life seems to have crept up on me.  Being outnumbered by my children - just the thought - seems to stress me out when I start to think on it.  So many friends have told me they felt that way with baby #2 - I know I was worried then, but not like this.  Ross adapted so easy to Ruby coming in to our family, and Ruby was a terrific baby, I had friends literally feet away from my house to help if needed, and I only had Ross to make sure was entertained while I did the baby thing with Ruby.  Somehow I feel like I was more prepared then for Ruby to come.  This pregnancy has gone incredibly fast, and has been a little bit harder for me with chasing after a VERY fast Ruby and keeping up with Ross.  We still can't even decide on a name yet for our little guy coming and have resigned to waiting until we meet him to put the stamp on it.  I made him a baby blanket that I only JUST finished days ago (finished within a couple of months after finding out we were pregnant with the other two), and I only just barely packed a hospital bag.  I'm sure I'm sharing nothing new to moms of more than two children, but this whole life-going-so-fast thing has left me feeling pretty vulnerable for this next big step and VERY unprepared.  Thank heavens for my mom and Steve's mom coming to help once again.  That is my solace.

When I went to my prenatal appointment two weeks ago at 36 weeks, I found out I was already dilated to a 2 which was shocking to me since my other two babies showed no sign of budging until at LEAST the week of my due date.  I've had Braxton Hicks quite a bit this time around and found last week I am dilated to a 3 now with my doctor saying she hopes I even make it to 39 weeks.  She scheduled me to be induced January 27th, 7AM which is a relief seeing how I'm 3 hours away from this hospital.  Did I mention the hospital here in Lamar does not have the staffing or things needed for having VBAC babies?  Yes - the nearest place is Colorado Springs - 3 hours away.  We've had quite a few outings there going to my doctor appointments.  At least I have access to pretty much any store I want when we go.  Costco has been visited just about every time as well somewhere out to eat. :)  But let's not wish any early labor on me - three hours of labor driving in a car sounds terrible - so the goal is January 27th!

Anyway - lots of rambling, but really I'm just trying to talk myself in to the fact that I can do this.  Pretty sure if I can make it through three kids - it may all be the same with any other kids we may have after that.  

In the meantime, I am currently in mourning that my children are so big - especially as I go through the baby clothes realizing how little they used to be.  I am in denial that my children will grow up.  I want them to always want me to snuggle them, kiss their owies, read them books, sing them songs before bed, and tuck them in.  It breaks my heart that they are getting so old.  Ross is in Primary now - PRIMARY!  He graduated from nursery at church and is a cute little Sunbeam now.  I remember teaching Primary in Oregon and bringing him in with me as a baby before he was old enough to go to Nursery.  How has that much time passed?  It's insane!  I did the same thing right before Ruby was born, soaking in as much time as I could of the phase of just Steve, me and Ross, before we jumped into the next chapter.  Now I'm doing it with our little foursome.  Oh the crazy emotions of pregnant women.  That and the claustrophobic panicky feeling that this baby is coming out of me one way or the other - it's all just a wild roller coaster.  

SO - here we are just about ready to get this next chapter going.  Wish us luck!

Ross our Sunbeam!


Ruby practicing for someday when she IS a Sunbeam :)

Keeping Dad in shape with Ruby bench presses




Ruby loves coloring in any form - painting especially - on skin and in mouths preferably (when mom is not watching)

Ross's artwork :)


Ruby belongs on Broadway - she loves this hat and pointer stick - using it as a cane.



Steve melts whenever Ruby will let him hold her for a while - his little "Joey" in a pouch.

My awesome friend Kim designed these cute Calendar and Weather posters :)

Ruby also loves sporting the boots with her hat and cane.


Two days ago we had 55 degree weather - crazy - we took advantage and broke out the sandbox and sidewalk chalk. :)



Here's a ginormous belly shot of Baby Bee #3 at 37 weeks.

Steve and I broke the wishbone from our Christmas turkey - this is what happened...who won?

I love these little hands...I can't handle these kids growing up!

    

1 comment:

  1. 3 is crazy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But it's also fun and do-able. You just have to let things go, like a clean house, clean kids, etc. It's not about what you get done anymore, it's about how you do it. Do it with love and you'll go to sleep at night feeling content. Well I don't know if content is the right word. Not guilty?? Ease up on the pressure you put on yourself and get your to-do list from the Prophet and Heavenly Father, not pinterest.

    ReplyDelete