I should have taken a picture. We got there and didn't even park or get out of the car. The line was WELL out the door (like a 45 minute wait) and we decided Cabella's would be just as much fun. The kids loved the fish, seeing the animals and shooting the guns. ;) We even found a great dog kennel the kids wanted to be locked in and played on the pillows for a good 15-20 minutes while we chatted.
| The kennel was only $600 - worth it for both entertaining AND containing? I think so. ;) |
After we went to this delicious place called The Wild Zucchini Grill. I got a cheese pizza for Ross and Ruby to share and a salad for me. Ross ate the pizza and Ruby ate my salad (what babies prefer salads?). I'm pretty sure it was because it seemed more grown up. That girl LOVES to eat with grown up utensils, eat grown up food, color with and on grown up things, and walk around like...she's all grown up. The only time she seems like a baby anymore to me is when she is sleeping in her crib. And then my heart breaks for her to be little again. She skipped toddlerhood altogether I think.
![]() |
| Love these faces :) |
![]() |
| Ruby has certain shoe choices as well - batman slipper, and church shoe - totally match! |
Ross and Ally loved dancing around to the music and holding hands (way too precious).
Later Steve and I went to see a play, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers where I was boggled to see that the town men were better dancers than the actual 7 brothers. It was still a fun play to see and be with my cute husband.
Have I mentioned that man is a working machine? He has some crazy long days and then comes home and immediately plays outside with the kids or with their toys, wrestling and chasing them (I love it), and then spends time with me before he crashes the second his head hits the pillow, only to start again at 5:30 the next morning. He's such a hard worker. Love that man.
![]() |
| Have I ever said how to DIE FOR CUTE overalls are? I LOVE them. Ross likes them too and asked to wear them three days in a row. :) |
![]() |
| Love this face :) |
![]() |
| Monkeying around |
![]() |
| Slash working out :) |
![]() |
| Wheelbarrow rides are the best :) |
![]() |
| Especially if you go fast enough :) |
The next week we played with more friends - my Oregon friends were in town - one on internship, the other for a wedding, and we met up at Wheeler Farm. It was so fun seeing our kids running around together. Ross had a decibel level of about 10,000 the entire time, yelling at Davin to come see this or come look at that. Cute Paige slowly followed them along - oh that girl melts my heart. I got to see Kendra and Michelle's cute babies that are now walking and just getting too big too fast. We enjoyed the animals, the sun, and lunch (guarding the youngest ones who were holding their crackers and sandwiches and getting stalked by extremely large geese and ducks who have no fear of people). OH how I miss them. It was such a fun day.
![]() |
| This girl can pull of pigtails now and I LOVE it - yes she found ANOTHER stick :) but look how happy she is :) |
![]() |
| Ross loves climbing |
![]() |
| Chicken coop kids :) |
![]() |
| The babies :) |
![]() |
| Saying bye - we love our friends! |
![]() |
| Kendra, Me and Michelle - love my Oregon friends! (And our matching sunglasses on head look) :) |
![]() |
| The kids - pulling faces :) |
![]() |
| Got most of the smiles :) |
We had a BBQ with our friends that evening, the Dille's and Young's (who were in town from Georgia), and our kids ran around playing loving each other while we talked and ate forever. I loved every second. Oh it's fun to play with friends. :)
That weekend I took Steve to the Storytelling Festival. If you haven't ever gone, you're missing out - it's fabulous, and just once a year. We went to laughin' night at the Scera Shell which was sold out and LOVED the stories they told. There's nothing like a good storyteller. I started going to this festival with my mom since I was 5 years old - ever since it started. This year was the 25th anniversary.
OH, and today my deliciously handsome husband brought me home ROSES, just because he loves me. Now I should tell you this is a big deal coming from Steve since he thinks flowers are nonsense - and roses are way too cliche (yes I'm a bunch of nonsense and totally cliche - I LOVE flowers, especially roses), but he knows they make me happy so he gets them for me. It's the little things people - even if you don't understand them and think they are cliche. :) The little things make the most in marriage. :) And I have a GREAT one.
| This boy makes me feel like a queen - LOVE him :) |

































No comments:
Post a Comment