Monday, June 16, 2014

Art City Days - bring on the Carnies! and a Happy Father's Day!

This last weekend was Art City Days.  We went to the one ticket a ride night with my family.  It was totally fun.  Ross was SO excited to ride all the rides.  He kept telling me the order he wanted to ride them in - the trucks, then the trains, and the dragon.  He did ride all of them, and we took him on the Ferris Wheel.  He totally loved it.  The girl behind us was freaking out, and Ross kept chanting, "We're going up!  We're going down!" the whole time.  It was great :)  
 
Hanging on a fire truck for a minute

 
Ross at Art City Days last year!


Getting ready to drive!

Our train conductor :)




Ross squinched in the middle

We shared scones and rootbeer compliments of my dad and even dipped our feet in the little river at the splash pad.  I think that was Ruby's favorite part since she hated being in the stroller most of the time (she can't be trusted on kiddie rides by herself). 




Cuties :)

At the end the grandparents took the kids on the Carousel.  Ross loved every second and Ruby loved it and was done about half way through. :)  So cute.
 
I think Grandma and Grandpa are even more excited than the kids :)





Then for Father's Day we made Daddy breakfast and made him a sweet card with the kids' hand prints along with giving him a frame for his graduate degree.  We had a fish fry for dinner, gave Stephen's dad a new diving mask, and then stopped at my parents to visit and wish my dad a Happy Father's Day (even though we're officially celebrating next Sunday when my brother and sister will be in town).  The kids were pretty cute for them and we had a great day.  
 
Happy Father's Day!




I'm so grateful for the dad's in my life.  My own, my father-in-law, my grandpa's, and the father of my children.  I am surrounded by wonderful men who have always been kind, considerate, generous, and wonderful to me.  I'm so thankful for these good men who have been such great examples and helped to make my life as great as it is.  I could NEVER do it without them, and I for sure could never do it without my incredible husband who is the best father my kids could hope for.  They are the best!  Happy Father's Day!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment