A) He's become super productive at home.
B) He deep cleaned our bathroom (I know ladies - you wish you had my husband.)
C) He made me a delicious Chicken Cor Don Bleu dinner.
D) I don't feel guilty anymore asking him to get up in the middle of the night if one of our kids starts crying.
Secretly in my mind (which apparently is now no longer a secret since I'm telling you) I think that when Steve graduates he will be home 24/7 - that's the pay off right? - and we will get this magical BIG check in the mail each month for finishing grad school to play with while Steve is home 24/7. Isn't that what happens? If not...it should. :)
We have celebrated by trying to get it together at home. We did go out to dinner with our good friends the Listers and hung out at the park after. Swimming was also on the list. Steve has already started on his resolution for a beach bod. He even made me take a "before" shot (which in my opinion is still attractive) so he can do an "after" shot. My goal is just to exercise consistently and eat more healthily since my toying around with dieting didn't make Ruby very happy in the nursing department. Steve's already gotten in the mode of exercising twice a day (overzealous maybe? - or maybe it's just because I don't want to do that). ;)
| Exams DONE!! This boy came home and chased Ross around the house for about 20 minutes with all the happy freedom he gained after the final exam! |
Steve made me feel good by telling me how he's forgotten how hard it can be taking care of little ones at home. I'm sure I'll have forgotten how to do it by myself all over again by the time fall comes and Steve starts his internship (which is at St. Vincent's hospital in Beaverton by the way). In the mean time he's doing some PT for a patient who can no longer qualify for his insurance = experience plus a little extra moolah. Not bad. :)
Ross is quite pleased that Stephen is home. I've noticed Ross enjoys routines (like his mama) and gets a bit shaken when it gets messed with. Weekends are always interesting with him when Steve is home. It's like it dawns on him that Daddy isn't going to school, so he gets super possessive of him like he could bolt at any minute if Ross doesn't keep him at arms length constantly. Also, Daddy is a bit softer than Mommy is about things so those are a few buttons he likes to play with in addition. :) We'll be working out a good summer routine I'm sure for the sanity of everyone.
| Some nice book reading going on. |
| It's awesome! |
| That silly mouse just needs to eat that strawberry so the BIG, hungry bear won't get it! |
A few hilarious things Ross is doing lately - he's pretty good at pronouncing words for the most part...but he seems to like to call yoghurt "logurt" and milk "lonk"...both words seem to sound like something gross you'd find sticking under a restaurant table. Ross also likes to call random crumbs or gooey things "gwoss" too.
He's my little bargainer. I like to give him choices so I don't have to deal with the word "no" all the time. He seems to think there are many other choices he should be able to pick from instead of the two I'm giving him. So, he feels it's his job to sell them to me. I'll say, "strawberries or apples, " he says, "fish". I'll say "strawberries or apples," he says, "Mmmmm - pretzels?"....I'll say "strawberries or apples," he says, "nook nacks?" (fruit snacks)...and this continues until he picks from the actual choices or I allow him to have one of his unapproved choices along with one of mine. This happens ALL the time. I still find it hilarious. He's such a little politician, that one.
| Ross and his best bud, Wes playing peek-a-boo in our fort. |
| We're going to miss Wes for a few months since his fam is going to Conneticut for their clinical rotation! |
He also enjoys making me come up with random songs to sing him before naps...ones about Lightning McQueen, Mac, Mater, Dump Trucks, Rollers....and the list goes one. He LOVES singing along to songs or even singing them to himself - he's got Might Machines down pat. A new favorite is Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, and he also likes a song I made up for Ruby. I love it! I have a video of him finishing parts of different songs - but it won't upload - I'll have to post it later.
Today at church it was our Stake Conference. When the sustaining vote was being taken many different times for our Prophet, Apostles, and other Church Leaders, we'd raise our hands to the square. Ross would do it too. After a few times of doing this, Ross turned at looked at me and said "Five?" like "Why aren't people giving each other high fives?" He's so funny.
Steve and Ross both got haircuts (FINALLY). Steve wouldn't let me cut his hair until after finals...something about Samson and he'd lose all his wisdom. Since I didn't want to get out the clippers twice, I just let Ross turn into a ragamuffin too. I have to say - it's my best haircut yet. We got Ross engaged in watching Toy Story long enough for me to do a decent job...until Ross jerked at the very end when I had the scissors around his ears and I nicked him. Darn it! Almost the perfect cut.
| His hair is finally cut and he's ready for swimming! |
| He is SO handsome! |
| He's wearing my Mickey Mouse shirt I used to wear as a little kid. I swear I remember it being a lot bigger on me when I was like 4 or 5...maybe I was just a skinny kid? |
Ruby...sniff...got her hair cut too. I've been meaning to do it forever, but I have this tie with their baby hair and I just don't want to let that first step come. But, she had a serious baby mullet and I could only let it go on so long. She was a little trooper about it, and I saved a lock of her hair for her baby book. I'm sad because her dark hair is turning a bit lighter...I'm not sure she'll keep Steve's gorgeous dark hair. I'm sure it will be beautiful though.
| I LOVE this big RUBY RED bow - she knows how to rock it! |
| Steve picked out her outfit - nice job huh! Love the skirt :) |
| Her baby mullet...oh my heart still hurts from cutting it off! |
| The makeshift barber chair. |
| It's gone. :( That little red patch is actually a birthmark. :) |
| She's doing just fine - no tears. |
Rubes is just the gem her name implies. She is just about the happiest baby around the block. I love going in to get her when she wakes up, because her whole body gets excited and she lights RIGHT up when she sees you. She's fun to look in the mirror with too - it's super fun. She LOVES smiling at everyone - especially her Mommy, Daddy, and brother, Ross. She's figured out if she just pulls on the blanket when it's tummy time, she can get the toy she's staring at to come to her much easier. She still enjoys playing with her voice and screaming happily about what she's thinking about. She's pretty patient and drinks it in when you give her attention - oh how I love that girl - I could kiss her cheeks all day long...and yes, I do. Tomorrow is her 4 month check up and shots...hope she still keeps up those smiles afterwards.
| She seriously is the most beautiful girl on the planet! |
| LOVE this chubby baby! |
She goes down for her naps really easily, but for some reason when it's the bedtime one, she prefers to cry for about 15 minutes before taking in the binky and going to sleep. Not a terrible trade for her being so good. She's VERY good at getting out of her miracle blanket swaddle, but she goes back to sleep if she' gets out anyway so we're good there.
We went swimming for the first time since Ruby was born and LOVED it. Ruby LOVES the water and just floated around the whole time we were in the pool. Her swimsuit is for 12 months...she's almost too big for it the little chubber! Ross LOVED jumping in (well attempting to jump) and practicing blowing bubbles. He's such a boy that kid!
| Ready for a swim! |
| Cute ladybug totally pulling off the chubby legs. ;) |
I am trying to find the motivation Steve has for having our house in order. I think I had the "I can make it until he's done with finals" thought in my head and now I'm trying to get myself back in the game. I've been playing in the sun with the kids, trying to keep up with laundry, and trying not to spend to much when I go thrift shopping. :) Now we're getting ready for our big road trip to Utah....which I'm sure will come with a LOT of stories.
| This expresses my feelings for the road trip ahead. ;) |
Oh little Ruby is just so beautiful and Ross is so cute! I was thinking she was going to be able to break out of the miracle blanket soon since she is such a chunker. ; )
ReplyDeleteStacey! I've been thinking of you and had to stalk you out on your blog. Oh my goodness Ruby is gorgeous! and Ross is adorable! You are beautiful as ever -- of course. I want to have a sleep over --- we can talk even if it is after 10:30! Miss you loads! Love you!
ReplyDelete