Saturday, January 19, 2013

One Week Old Ruby

I can't believe Ruby is already a week old!  I suppose having all the days meld together makes it easier for time to pass - especially when you're sleep deprived.  Ruby has decided that she is a night owl.  From about one in the morning until five or six she thinks it should be permanent snacking time and is quite annoyed at being put to bed over and over.  Hopefully we can switch her from being a day sleeper to a night one soon.  
A few things we've noticed about Ruby:
  • She's a snorter.  When she's made or trying to eat and frustrated - the snorts come left and right.  Seeing how Ross was the grunter - how appropriate that she's our snorter. :)
  • She can be stripped naked, have cold feet, and a wet washcloth on her face and STILL sleep while she nurses.
  • She's a twitcher.  She is very wiggly when she sleeps and often wiggles her way down her swaddling blanket.
  • Her face still looks like a little raisin when she scrunches it up and cries.
  • Ruby is still deciding how she feels about a binky, and can get bored with it quickly.  
Things continue to go well in the household.  My mom is holding down the fort, and Ross's solution to Ruby's crying is to find her binky and give it to her - totally adorable.

My great friend, Kim, took some family/newborn pictures for us.  Ruby was a little stinker and toyed with us as to whether she would comply or not.  Kim got some great shots out of her though.  So happy!

Family of Four!

Ross loves kissing Ruby - Ruby usually likes it too. :)











I LOVE baby feet - here are her extremely long toes!



She is so perfect.  The white blanket is a gift from my friend Pam's mom from Wales - she knit it herself for Ross.  Beautiful.

LOVE that we got a smile out of her!
Grandma and Grandbaby



LOVE our new family. :)
    

1 comment:

  1. I just read through your last 2 posts. What a great day and what a beautiful baby. I can't wait to see more of her. I am so happy everything went well. I hope you keep feeling great!

    ReplyDelete