I've resorted to stuffing myself full of spicy, garlicky foods, entire pineapples, lots of walking, working out more at the gym - you name it. She's just as stubborn as Ross. What am I in for?
We've been keeping busy lately with Steve starting his internship that got switched (due to miscommunications) to Hillsboro (which is actually much nicer for our family since it's so close) and Ross and I battling during his naps. Grandpa Don ruined him with their stay during Christmas. Ross has it in his head he needs to be rocked to sleep or have his hand held until he's fully asleep. (Grandpa Don is the king of rocking in rocking chairs and Ross was spoiled rotten with it!) :) I am in the process of breaking him from this as our little addition is coming soon (we'd like to keep thinking that anyway) and I am pretty sure there will be zero energy to rock or hold a hand for 30 minutes before each nap. I think I may be slowly wearing him down as he's recognizing our regular routine now that Steve's gone during the day again. I can't confirm that Ross has actually gone to sleep during nap time this past week, but I can say he hasn't been wailing the entire time anymore either. Putting him to bed at night is a cinch - it's just the darn naps that give us trouble. And he used to be SUCH a good sleeper!
Funny Ross story. So we've been trying to make scripture study time at night more interesting for Ross (since he not so subtly has showed us he thinks it's boring by trying to close our scriptures every time we get them out and handing us a different book). We've been using a Gospel Art book we have and telling the stories to Ross more to keep his interest. His favorite one is when Jesus calms the storm - mostly because there's a boat in it. We talk about how there was a big storm, making our arms big and making whooshing sounds as the boat is tossed about - Ross loves this and does it too. Then Jesus calms it - we make our arms go still and say that Jesus said "Peace" to the sea to calm the waters. Ross will also say "peace" at that part. Totally adorable.
Well we were having Ross show and tell Grandpa and Grandma White the story. He did the storm sounds and actions and when we got to the part where Jesus calms the sea I asked him, "What did Jesus say?" and Ross says "Dadgum!" Yes....just like Mater from Cars. You can see how we're doing as parents can't you? That and the fact that when Ross sees Noah he calls him Santa. We've really got our priorities straight don't we...ahem...We're trying! Redeeming factor - Ross does recognized pictures of Jesus and calls him by name.
Yes Ross keeps us laughing regularly. He thinks he's a real clown in front of the mirror and loves to dance around watching himself and making faces in it. He still likes vacuuming the floor with his popper and prefers to make his little cars crash together now. He adores pretzels and marshmallows and is still creating wars during dinner. We're super excited for him to be a big brother. He'll be a hoot. :)
Anyway - there you have it...we're just waiting around for something exciting to happen - just like you! :)
| Here's our little Batman - his cute cape needs a little adjusting...and convincing him to wear it. ;) |
| Ross couldn't take his eyes off the fountain - it was the coolest looking bathtub ever! :) |
| He LOVED it - even though it was FREEZING outside and windy. Just look at his face! |
| Also - Ross LOVES his firetruck jacket. He'll be really sad when he outgrows it I think. He's so adorable. |
| We love the Temple too - I'm so glad that we can be an eternal family! |
Hang in there! She will be here soon! :)
ReplyDelete