Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Evening Things Up

Well things have gotten back to full swing this last week with Steve starting up school again.  Ross only has devastating meltdowns when Steve leaves (where Ross runs to the little window where he can watch Daddy drive away and cry his little eyes out) and then whimpers every once in a while when he passes the window again, calling out for Daddy.  What is it with this boy and his dad?  I don't know - but I absolutely LOVE that he adores him so much.  Since Ross is with me all day long I think he's decided that I can comfort him a little more when he's sad, and sometimes I'm fun. :)  I will say Ross is WAY more fun with all the new words he's learning and understanding, and his clowning around has me laughing ALL the time.  Nap time is still one of my favorite times of the day, but the rest of it is pretty darn great too.
Steve and I went for our ultrasound for the baby.  We went in with Steve still thinking we were having a girl, and me guessing it would be another boy since I had no inclination whatsoever.  I'm used to boys already so I figured it would be the same.  We got to the part to see and....


Cutest thing ever!

A Girl!

Can't wait to kiss that little face :)

Well Steve is still bragging that he's two for two in guessing the gender, because we definitely have a little girl on our hands!  She was a total stinker too!  She wouldn't hold still hardly at all, and then when she would it was in a very inconvenient position for the things that needed to be looked at.  I had to roll on my sides a few times, cough, stand up and walk around, touch my toes, and get my belly poked over and over.  
I have to admit I was just a little surprised to see that she was going to be a girl - not that I had any feeling or anything, but it will be interesting to see how we take care of girls in this family.  Steve is going to be wrapped around her little finger I think - and he doesn't even know it yet.  It's going to be pretty fun having another girl around!  I already have visions of ruffle bum tights and skirts, hair bows and headbands, pink, pink, pink - oh I can't wait!  


We still have been talking names - but the ones we are adoring right now are:

  • Hazel - after Steve's grandmother on his dad's side (we would call her Hazey), 
  • Hanna - after my grandmother on my mom's side (she's Swiss if you didn't know ;) and I really would want it pronounced the Swiss way - "Hawnna", 
  • Maren - after a best friend of ours who is AMAZING and Steve and I both love the name, 
  • Grace - call her Gracie - I've always loved the name and what it means.  
I've been feeling this little girl kicking around more which is pretty much my favorite thing EVER about being pregnant.  Steve has even felt her kick which is also super fun for me.  She looked healthy from what we could get out of the ultrasound technician.  I forgot to have her tell me the approximate weight and actual due date - I suppose I'll have to get it from my doctor.
We are just tickled pink to have her come.  I've been feeling much better with some more energy lately and a belly that's definitely getting larger - hello pregnancy pants my old friend.  I LOVE pregnancy pants - they are the most comfortable things ever and I was sad to see them go after Ross was born - though not so sad to not be a whale anymore.  

Steve has been doing well getting back to being adjusted in the school mode - though he's been loaded up with about 20 fifty page articles he has to read all time - blah.  I was so excited he was back into reading during the summer.  I have a feeling he won't be doing any entertainment reading for a long time in the future. 
2nd First Day of School for the PT Program! 

LOVE these boys. :)

 We went to his back to school picnic to get to know some more of the new first years.  There are tons of girls in his program and most all of them are fitness freaks (said in the nicest way).  They all oogled over Ross who was happy to charm them from a distance and I met a few more of Steve's classmates which was fun.  I can't believe we in his second year now - almost halfway through!  Steve misses us while he's gone and is sorely missed at home too.  I LOVED having him home - even though I'm way more productive with him gone.  It's just not as fun. :)

Ross is experimenting with running (heaven help me) and does this adorable trot sort of thing and his cute cheeks and belly bounce whenever he does it.  He LOVES digging and playing with any kind of tractor or shovel.  Sometimes he shares with others - but it's a bit harder for him when it comes to snacks. :)  He says "head, nose, eyes, mouth, moon, Jesus, car, Grampa, cracker "cacka", all done, and lots more now.  Throwing food onto the floor is another way he likes to say he's all done - which drives me insane!  He loves to play with my hair now and play peek-a-boo behind me.  The Itsy Bitsy Spider is his favorite song - especially the part when the rain washes the spider out - it's his favorite action.  He likes to do all the actions with you.  He also loves the Monkey teasing the Alligator song - mostly when Steve does it.  He learned it in nursery - have I mentioned Ross goes to nursery this month?  Steve is taking him to get used to it - we're stoked!  Ross also likes to bring us our shoes when he wants to go outside and is not satisfied until we put them on.  He gives GREAT hugs and kisses and snuggles a little more now which makes being his parent that much easier. :)

I have been trying to keep up exercising so I can have a nice healthy labor, recovery, and baby.  It's still so strange to me doing this all over again...somehow I think in my limited experience I just assumed it would feel like a one time thing - but we're moving right along.  Ross and I went and picked out some material to make for the new baby sister coming.  Ross was very particular.  He's push away all the pink stuff I showed him, and ended up picking a girly - but not too girly - print that I think is adorable.  He would snuggle the material after we got it.  LOVE it. 
Putting the blanket together - Ross is telling me how to do my job better...cute material huh!

Or just really fascinated with the sewing machine. :)
I've been meeting some more moms with babies around Ross's age.  I think it will be a fun year.

We went to Oswald Beach again for Labor Day.  It was a bit chillier, and my camera had died - so no pictures - blah.  But we had fun playing in the sand, investigating rocks, and braving the cold water every once in a while.  I LOVE being by the beach - even if it's an hour and a half away.  At least we can go if we want!  

That sums up what we've been up to lately.  Fall is starting to show it's signs - which is a lot earlier than last year.  I LOVE fall in Oregon - the colors get so varied - it's breathtaking.  And football has started!  We watched the BYU game and Steve was glued to the TV pretty much all day Saturday while I kept reminding him to do the chores we had - most of which revolved around the TV area so he could keep checking scores and watching when he could.  Boys.

Anyway - life is great and we're so blessed to be here still and moving onward with life! 
  

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo Stace I LOVE all those names. I think they're all so so pretty. I'm so excited for little H or H or M or G! Yea for healthy babies and the miracle of ultrasounds. What a relief! Hope everything is well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete