Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby Boo #2

Ross has an announcement to make...

He's super excited!...

Maybe :)

I suppose now's as good a time as any to share that we're expecting baby boo #2!  No - I'm not just getting fatter and fatter in each picture - there's a real baby in there!  We are super excited and panicked at the same time - okay - maybe me more panicked than Steve.  Ross still has no idea what's going on and is still enjoying all the attention he can command.  I have a feeling he's going to have a mind blowing experience when the baby comes.  I'm 18 weeks along, due January 13th.  Funny - Ross was due March 13th.  Let's hope this baby isn't 5 days late like Ross.  
Here's Baby Boo #2 at 12 weeks

Baby Boo #2 at 16 weeks.  That long white curved line is the spine - what a poser. :)

I was pretty darn sick the beginning of the summer - more than I was with Ross - accompanied with some miserable headaches that lasted quite a while.  I'm quite proud of myself for hanging in there exercising for the most part.  Steve has been inspirational there.  He's been so committed to running and lifting weights - even doing my Jillian Michaels occasionally - and he was super encouraging for me to go to the gym while he watched Ross.  I must say - I do feel good getting my heart rate up and trying to stay healthier this time around.
The whole idea of having two children still seems mind boggling to me.  Ross has been the sun, the moon, and the stars to all our family and extended family, that is just didn't seem possible that we could add more!  We have no inkling whether it's a boy or a girl.  Steve says he would be happy with either, but thinks a girl would be fun, while I have no idea!  We find out August 30th because I couldn't sleep not knowing.  Pretty sure that's how I'll be for every kid we have.  
I'm feeling much better these days and much plumper - I forgot that feeling of having a little basketball attached to you.  I felt the baby move for the first time at about 14 weeks and have felt him a handful of other times as well.  I LOVE that feeling.  That may be my favorite part of pregnancy. :)
Steve has been a champ this whole summer - really taking on the role of dad and a big part of Mr. Mom.  He was designated poopy diaper changer, dish doer, trash taker outer, and chef for quite a long time - and no he never complained.  I married a saint!  I've become SO attached to having him home all the time - I have no idea what I'm going to do when he goes back to school.
It's crazy we're actually becoming more and more of a family - not newyweds, not a couple with their first baby, but a family of four!  We couldn't be more happy.  Heavenly Father is so kind and mindful of us.  His timing always seems to be the way it's supposed to as I look back on the events we encounter.  Hooray for families!   

3 comments:

  1. Huzzah! Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I kind of already knew you were pregnant. Not because of any pictures or anything, because the pictures you've posted of you look great. But just because I'm intuitive and have an uncanny knack of knowing these things. I also knew Bekah was pregnant before she told me and without seeing her. So hooray and huzzah for you! (And for me for being right.) I'm so glad Steve has been home to help you out while you've been feeling crummy. Keep up the good work and pop out another handsome/beautiful little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I felt the same way about becoming a family of 4. It's like really committing to this family thing. You're more parents than any other role in your life.

    And don't worry about having two. I like it a lot better. They keep each other occupied and entertained. I had major anxiety the night before I took both to the grocery store for the first time but now I'm a pro. You have to relearn how to do everything but it doesn't take as long as it did learning to take care of your first.

    Aren't the headaches the worst? I dealt with them almost all of Henry. I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh... a little late chiming in on this post... but HOORAY!!!!! Super, super excited for you!

    I know it's super intimidating thinking about having two. I had SEVERAL melt downs before Caleb was born. But no worries, 2 becomes your new norm, and I can't even remember what life was like before my sweet little boy came around.

    Take good care of yourself, lady!! Glad that Steve has been so awesome-- husbands are the BEST!! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete