Well as a belated post about my and Steve's anniversary - we did manage to go out on our actual anniversary. We finagled our friends to watch Ross for the evening and decided to go to the temple and the beloved Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We drove all the way into Portland and as we were coming into the temple's parking lot, I saw a man up at the top power washing the Moroni. I thought that seemed pretty cool and didn't think anything of it. Within about 30 seconds we realized the temple was closed for cleaning! Of course we wouldn't check the dates for that.
We decided to head for the Cheesecake Factory and then maybe a movie we had a groupon for afterwards. After a very delicious dinner where I of course ordered avocado egg rolls and the chicken bellagio, we showed up at Cinetopia - the Utopia of movie theaters! The Dark Knight Rises had just come out, but I told Steve - since he had already seen it - that I wanted to see something romantic since it was our 4 year anniversary. We got in line and out of the 24 movie theaters they had there were only 4 movies showing total - two of which were rated R, the other being Brave which we had already seen. Guess what movie we ended up with to commemorate our wonderful 4 years together? None other than the most romantic movie of all time (probably in a man's opinion) - The Dark Knight Rises. I actually liked it quite a bit - more than the Dark Knight. We still managed to have a great time together and are looking forward to our night away in a couple weeks! Happy 4th anniversary to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment