Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday's Market and the International Rose Garden...

So Steve, Ross, and I have basically been bummin' around all summer.  We have enjoyed every minute of it...even the times where we didn't even know what to do with ourselves we had so much time. (I know I'm going to look back on this in the fall and winter and wish for it all over again.)  We had a similar summer last year, but this year we're trying not to be ultimate bums but just regular ones with a little more organization. :)  Today was the adventure of going to Portland's Saturday Market - the largest weekly open-air arts and crafts market in the nation.  We quite enjoyed ourselves.  There were so many interesting and very Portland-y tents with everyone's goodies they were selling.  It made me wish I had bags of money to spend.  We ended up getting a cute winter hat for Ross in the end, but I would have loved some of the artwork, food, and other crafts they had there as well.  It is right on the edge of the river which is beautiful and there are so many quirky people there.  If you happen to come visit us - we'll probably take you here - just fyi. :)  
Ross did amazingly today too - even with a VERY delayed nap.  He's had this never ending runny nose (the kind where you go to suck it all out and you are blown out of your mind how much this kid is capable of storing in that tiny little nose of his) which has left him a bit cranky and exhausted lately.  Today, however, he was a dream.  He was completely fascinated by all the people and shops everywhere.  


Pretty sure I look ridiculous here, but I love this picture of our little family. :)

And this one. :)  Maybe it's because Ross is a total Daddy's boy and is okay with me comforting for a while, but Daddy always has to finish off the comforting.  Ross really does love me too though! :)

So one of our favorite things were the street performers.  These guys did some cool juggling, stuff yourself through a tennis racquet, and the finale juggling knives while riding unicycles.  There were tons of musicians around too.  Fun!

Ross did so well we stopped at the International Rose Gardens on the way home.  They had 8,000 roses over 4 1/2 acres, and it was absolutely gorgeous - and FREE which made it even more gorgeous!  If I could have that delicious smell of roses which was everywhere with me all of the time I think I could die happy...as well as the smell of fresh baked cookies, waffle cones, brown sugar and fig lotion, or freshly bathed babies.  Anyway - we loved the rose gardens and there was also a super fun playground for Ross we hung out at before we went home.  I've decided Oregon has so many things to do, and it's fairly easy to find out about them.  I won't lie - Oregon is definitely winning my heart while we live here.  There are so many things I love about it.  It will definitely be a place we come back to see after we end up wherever we're going to end up. :)  



Such a handsome man. :)

I love a nice fat delicious smelling rose!

These were my favorite.

Getting some wiggles out.

Love that face! :)
  

1 comment:

  1. Still waiting for our credit card miles to come in the mail. Grrrrrrrrr. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I made Jordan, Hayley, and Christian watch Oscar with me the other night. We all loved it and laughed pretty hard. I think I liked it even better the second time. Now it's in the family vault as a classic. Love you!

    ReplyDelete