Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Goslings

Spring is so crazy here in Forest Grove.  I love it.  It seems to last forever - just like fall.  I think it makes the seasons so much more enjoyable that way.  The crazy thing about spring here is hearing all the birds that fly over in droves.  They are so noisy!  I've started to notice that different species of birds actually make sounds that are different from each other.  I know - I should totally be a birder.  I could probably count on my fingers and toes how many different species I've already seen.  Now I just need a sponsor to send me all over the world to find the others.  If you feel like sponsoring me - go ahead and set it up with my people.  My people as in Ross...though he just likes to smile, push the buttons on the phone and throw it across the room so calling might not be such a good idea... he also likes to smack all the keys on the computer's keyboard - so that might also not be a good line of communication either.  Good luck getting in touch with my people.

So we like to visit the wilderness preserve here - known as Fernhill.  Our neighbors informed us the goslings were out so of course we made our move and showed up loaded with bread.  We walked for a while finding zero babies.  I was beginning to doubt and while sharing that thought with Steve, he of course spotted them...

Cute little babies!

Ross taking lessons on throwing bread.


He looks like such a little boy in this picture...what happened to my baby?!


Cute boys in orange.

So the fish were going CRAZY when we went - they drove the ducks away from all the bread we were throwing.

Crazy!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment