Friday, April 20, 2012

Something I missed...

I was going through my phone and forwarding pictures to my email so I could have more room to take pictures of - who else but - Ross to be able to send to some picture greedy grandparents, ;) and I realized that I forgot to write about our little excursion to a super fun ropes course.  Our friend Jen works at a place called Tree to Tree which is a pretty posh ropes course if I've ever seen one.  She was so nice to invite Steve to go with her husband on the course for free.  Ross and I tagged along since it was a beautiful day and watched Steve master the course.  There were different levels of courses and each level obviously got progressively harder.  The hardest one is the black course where (you are connected to a line the whole time) there are obstacles such as - you have to free jump from one platform to another...not for the faint of heart.  It also had some intense monkey bars, and swinging logs.  You have to be able to pass off the other levels first before you can attempt the black one.  Needless to say - Steve passed them all off, but was totally exhausted by the time he got to the black level - so he opted out.  I'm not sure if I would have even made it through the other levels.  It looked pretty energy consuming!  Ross LOVED looking at everyone climbing around the trees because he 1) LOVES trees 2) adores being outside 3) is obsessed with following Steve around - side note - Ross now gets devastated whenever Steve leaves for school in the morning.  He's stuck with boring, mean old mom all day when his daddy is the fun one all the time.  :)  I actually love that he misses his dad.  Anyway - needless to say we had a fun day being outside. :)

Doing something different than school!  Wahoo!

Steve and Jed starting the climb

Their zip lines looked super fun.  Steve loved doing those ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment