Saturday, January 21, 2012

Water Fights??

We had quite an evening tonight with Ross.  Everything was going per usual.  Ross had eaten his dinner and I was about to give him a bath in the tub.  It's Steve's job to undress him and bring him to me, and then, after bathing him, Steve takes him back and gets him in his pajamas.  Quite routine.  
Tonight as Steve was bringing him in to me, I was teasing him to watch out so he wouldn't get peed on by a naked baby.  Steve of course proclaims with his nose in the air "I haven't been peed on in months!"  He always assures me that Ross just pees in the bath water while I'm bathing him too so he doesn't have to worry about getting peed on afterwards either.  Well - while I was bathing Ross - he was just splashing up a storm.  I was teasing Steve not to come in or he'd get soaked.  Obviously Steve sneaks on in to play with Ross.  Right as he stepped in the door, I took a big cupful of water and splashed it at him - mostly getting the floor and barely touching him.  I attempted again in vain.  Steve laughed and teased me while he got Ross out of the bath.  
As I was cleaning up in the bathroom I decided Steve needed a little cleaning behind the ears.  I used the squirt bottle I got from the hospital and filled it up nice and full, (with warm water - I'm no so mean as to use cold...this time.) and then sneak attacked Steve with it right on his head.  He sat there quite stunned and I was very pleased with my success.  He was calling back threats of revenge as I went to finish cleaning up, when suddenly I heard him yell in complete surprise!  During all this time of pouring water on Stephen, Ross was lying naked on his towel in front of him waiting to be dressed...well I'm pretty sure Ross thought Steve wasn't soaked enough and really wanted to contribute, because he added his little fountain of love all over Steve's legs and pants.  He stopped for a moment when Steve yelled out in surprise...but then happily emptied the rest of his little tank all over Steve.  I believe this just goes to show you shouldn't call your victory before the race is over...or just don't let naked babies pee all over you.  A very sound piece of advice if I do say so myself. ;)
 

3 comments:

  1. Babies are just peeing machines and we the targets! Pee, pee, pee, I love that Steve got soaked just days after Jordan. Karma I think, obviously we were meant to be best friends. Looks like Ally and Ross are already co-conspirators. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and as I was leaving that last comment the security phrase was "nosokin." Pronounce that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely you've kept up with your blog. You can be so proud. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts and beautiful pictures with us.
    You're a great mom!
    Love,
    your Mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete