Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cookie Fest


So I absolutely love chocolate chip cookies - and I'm sure there are a million recipes out there.  I got this one from my mom who has tweaked it to her liking.  I have been bribed many times to make these cookies all growing up.  I still remember making them almost weekly for my Sunday school teacher who somehow would convince me we needed them every week for class to operate.  I got pretty good at making them.  Now that I have my beloved KitchenAid it takes all of 10 minutes to whip these out ready to be baked.  I thought I might just post this for any interested people...and also for me to have access to it wherever I go.  They are quite delightful I must say.
 
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever



  

Recipe:
1 1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
1 cup or a whole bag of chocolate chips

Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs.  Mix in baking soda, salt, and vanilla.  Add flour and mix well.  Add in the chocolate chips.  I always like a lot of them so I do a whole bag.  For best results use real butter and real vanilla.

Set oven to 350 degrees.  Spoon balls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet or wax paper.  Bake 11-12 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I ate that whole plate. After effect is as amazing as the during effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was JUST looking for a new choc chip cookie recipe, so thanks. I'll be making these tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete