Friday, September 30, 2011

Berry Picking...

Yummy Raspberries!
So Ross and I ventured out to see some beautiful parts of Oregon in preparation for his 6 month shots (okay - maybe more for my preparation than Ross's).  We went with some great ladies from our ward and saw the beautiful farm lands here.  Duyck's Peachy-Pig Farm was one you just can't pass up - even just for the name!  You go and grab how ever many buckets you want to fill with whatever you want - tomatoes, zucchini, raspberries, blackberries - the works!  You just walk all over the farm and pick whatever you like.  Then you take it back to their little stand and have it weighed to buy.  I went strictly for the raspberries - they are so expensive at the grocery store!  I got about 2 1/2 lbs of raspberries and was charged $3...fresh raspberries...$3...are we kidding?  No...no we are not.  Best day ever!  It was sunny too - yes - I forgot to mention it has finally rained a few days here!  Just a couple days ago it started to feel like fall finally...and boy am I ready for a little coolness.  Anyway - raspberries, $3, dream come true.   I actually went home that night and ambitiously made raspberry freezer jam for the first time.  It's pretty amazing!  Steve is in heaven since raspberries are his favorite fruit.  I'm slowly becoming more domestic I think.

The perfect raspberry
 
The farm!


  

Ross was brave for his shots...okay - as brave as a baby can be.  I was better than I've been the last two times too.  He got four shots - including a flu shot, and cried for just a little while before going to sleep in the car.  He's a cute one.  He yells his "da da da's" all the time now, and is pretty good at sitting.  He likes to lean forward as far as possible when inspecting a toy and then lean to the side which makes him topple over on his face when I'm not looking.  He likes it though - so much more to see.  I'm wondering if he's getting into teething mode because he chews on his hands a lot more and is a little more drooley as of late.  He laughs a lot more which is so fun.  He's the sweetest little guy who gives out smiles like crazy too.  
Steve has done well on all 6 of his exams he has had to take within the last week and a half.  Seeing him at 8 at night or later makes for long days for both of us, but you do what you have to do.  He just told me tonight how weird he feels not studying for once - they sure take it out of you in grad school!  
I just got a calling to work in the primary - I'm actually kind of excited since I've missed teaching this fall.  We'll see how to juggle Ross with all of it, but it will be fun to be around more kids again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment