Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Settling in...

Ross has gone through this phase of making this face - like he's exploring what his mouth and lips can do.  Haha!

So my father-in-law asked me if we felt more comfortable yet here in Oregon, and I didn't even realize I could be uncomfortable here.  While I still am completely lost here in Forest Grove, other than knowing how to drive to Steve's school in Hillsboro to drop him off and pick him up, get to Walmart, and Winco, I find that I feel like I fit right in.  I was talking to my good friend, Maren, a while back as well and we were talking about how a place once it's emptied of all your pictures, keepsakes, and furniture - it really doesn't feel like your house anymore.  I was sad to leave Provo, but once we set up our apartment here I felt like I had a home again.  I still have yet to feel like Oregon is HOME, but I definitely feel comfortable here - other than backtracking on my walks with Ross since none of the roads ever loop around or connect back to another one!

Steve is in his second week of school and the late nights of him studying are fast approaching. This scares me....I hear all the wives of grad students talking in the mother's room at church on how their husbands are gone on their internships for 1-3 months and they are just at home alone with their kids....yikes - NOT looking forward to those times.  I was spoiled rotten with Steve home for a whole month.  He's fairly interested in all his classes.  Today, as I type, Steve is observing my posture at a computer desk and will tell me how to sit properly so as to prevent any problems in the future.  I have a feeling I'm going to be a guinea pig here.  Over the weekend my blood pressure was taken quite a bit.  Luckily I have nice, low blood pressure in case you were wondering!  

Ross is rolling over like crazy.  I went on craigslist and tracked down a little johnny jump up and a high chair all for only $30!  When I went to pick them up - it was in a ritzy part of town.  I found out the high chair was a peg perego which is a pretty penny usually if you know what I mean!  Anyway - I'm quite pleased with my purchases and Ross is quite pleased with his little jumper.  He's getting pretty unsatisfied with his usual milk intake so we are about to delve into the land of fruits and vegetables!  I'm sure this will lead to many more messes and baths and a lot of cutie patootie pictures.  He likes to roll over from his belly all the time now and open and close his mouth like he's clicking his tongue.  We call him our little shark - The Great White Shark.  Haha.  He weighs over 18 1/2 lbs now and still has the cutest smile in the world.  We love him more every day.  I'm still trying to keep up with our apartment and Ross.  I have been sneaking in reading time at night with the book The Help which is terrible to have to put down and leads to sleepy mornings!  I have a real binge problem when it comes to reading.  Anyway - there is us and our little family just trekking on.

Here are some family pictures we had taken:




Ross's first rice cereal!



Yum!



Steve was blowing raspberries and I got this great shot of his lips! 

Workin' hard doing some homework and tummy time.


My cute boy out for a walk.
So we went to this place called Pat's Corner which had a restaurant outside this big lodge.  We found it on our walk.  We decided to sit down and split something for dinner...but when our waiter still hadn't even shown his face yet for about 15 minutes we decided to leave since it was getting late anyway and Ross tends to get hungry sooner rather than later. :)
Inspecting his first vegetable - sweet potato

And it's a winner!  He loves it!
  

2 comments:

  1. Stacy I miss you!!!!! Oregon is so lucky--grrrrrrrrr. I have the worst news. We were going to come up for fall break, we had even looked at tickets and had budgeted and was going to have one of our tickets given to us by my parents as a bday present, and then we realized that my parents are in town that weekend helping us finish the basement. I think we're going to have to wait to see you until December. Bummer. Well keep blogging because I love looking at yours.
    Oh and the Help is one of my favorite books of all time now. And the movie did not disappoint!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, look at that family picture! I remember when You and Steve were just two little newly Weds with stars in your eyes. Then I brought the truth about Sharks into your lives, and you had to grow up really quick after that truth bomb hit you. Hope Oregon is going great. Maren and I are still scaring the neighbors in an attempt to get them to move so you can move in.

    ReplyDelete