So Steve is a one in a million kind of guy. I couldn't believe how well he fit me like a glove when I first met him. He was tall, dark, and handsome. He could play the movie quote game really well, he loved trying new things, he liked BYU football games AND going to a good musical or play (the best of both worlds!) and those big, brown eyes could melt a Popsicle in the Antarctic. I was pretty set on marrying him within about 2 months of dating him. I just had to wait around for him to realize he wanted to marry me too. It worked out quite well I must say. He squelches out any drama that could possibly be forming with his complete openness about everything, and he is extremely patient whenever I'm impatient, or frustrated, or overwhelmed, or tired, or hot - especially when I'm hot. If I am overheated in any way - I become a moaning banshee that can't be pleased with anything until I've been cooled down. Usually he just laughs to himself while he tries to get me some ice water or the fan blowing on me the right way. He truly is the perfect husband. He is hard working, sincere, sympathetic, hilarious, thorough, thoughtful, sensitive, masculine (I had to include that too so I don't get in trouble for calling him sensitive), loving, and just about every other kind word you could think of. He brings out the better in me which has saved me a lot of time trying to become it by myself. One of my favorite things about Steve is the crazy analogies he comes up with which is a skill he inherited from his dad. I would love to share a few with you at this moment. :)
From the mouth of Steve:
"But remember you should take that with a grain of rice."
"That is negative progression!"
"I'm going to crush you like a dog!"
"Stace, you're playing with eggshells!"
"I feel like crap on a stick"
"He got gooched"
"I feel like crap on a stick"
"He got gooched"
I love how he enjoys reading to Ross or playing with him on the floor.
When I'm not looking he likes to watch a soccer or football game with Ross too...there's no hope for Ross - he's going to love soccer whether he likes it or not!
Ross loves him so much. I'm so glad that Steve takes the time to be a dad and husband. I know our family is going to be amazing and so strong because we the head of our family knows his job and does it well! I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I was blessed enough to find and marry Steve. He is incredible.
| I love my sweet, hilarious husband! |

No comments:
Post a Comment