Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oregonians

Well we have officially moved from Utah and become Oregonians.  I suppose we need to start recycling more...and scrub away mold...and vote Democratic...and hug some trees! :)  Actually we love Oregon.  It is so beautiful where we have moved.  I would like to say it is a mix of Rochester/Palmyra New York and Fort Bragg California.  So any of you who come to visit - you will love the scenery for sure!  We feel really good about being here.  The move went quite smoothly thanks to helping hands and family letting us mooch a few nights with them.  I was quite sad to leave my Utah mountains and memories.  Ross and I had gone to Brick Oven for a last family dinner.  I took the old highway route and reminisced all the times I drove that road to BYU while getting my bachelors.  I thought of all the hikes I went on in the mountains and all the memories I've created there.  It feels so right to be here which is reassuring.  I fell in love with our ward the minute we stepped into the building.  I forgot what a big ward feels like!  It's quite busy.  Our bishop looks like a replica of Michael Scott from the Office too!  Hilarious.  I've found the mother's room is a great place to make friends quick.  I met five other mothers in there too!  While Steve is going to be attending Physical Therapy school - just about every other young family there is going to Optometry school.  I'm not sure if there are any other LDS people going to PT school.  The flight taking Ross on an airplane went surprisingly well.  I was quite nervous seeing how he'd never been on one before!  I usually get a little nervous on the take off and landings, but I was so distracted making sure Ross was sucking on his binky, I missed being scared!  Steve's dad and mine both drove up with him and have helped us to get settled.  I have loved having them here.  It's not so scary being new when you have some family along!  Don left two days ago which was sad and my dad is leaving this evening.  Steve starts school on Monday and then I'm by myself with Ross for 3 years!!  AHHHHH.  Let's hope the transition isn't terrible!  I've enjoyed having Steve all to myself with Ross this last month.  But I guess it's back to real life!  Anyway - here are a few pics:
Addison and Ross having a reminiscing chat about all the good memories they had together as neighbors.

Addi rolls around everywhere!  Ross is still working on his swimming motions.  He's rolled over twice, but still seems to be content hanging out his back yelling at the ceiling.

We've found that Ross is about a good 3 lbs heavier than Addison while she's a month older.  I think Ross might have a little extra weight to carry over as he rolls. 

Happy Shark Week!  We were pretty addicted to watching the Discovery channel during the week.  Ross shows his enthusiasm for it!

Grandpa Stan and baby Ross enjoying the arrival to Oregon!
Saying good-bye to the old apartment!  #6 you were good to us!


Taking Grandpa Don to the airport after helping us move.

Enjoying some Voodoo doughnuts - it was a ghetto part of town with some interesting looking doughnuts

We only had to wait in line for 15 minutes.  This place has been on the food network - a very popular place open 24 hours a day!

The new apartment!  We're on the bottom.  Lots more space actually.

And a dishwasher!!

3 comments:

  1. You should give a picture tour of your house, I would like to see it. Very exciting for you. Sounds like the ward is great and will be a big help to your family while you are there. Glad the move went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that Voodoo Doughnuts on Food Network! It looked so crazy cool! What kinds did you guys order? I'm glad the move went smoothly. It's funny you have a big ward up there and not here. Our ward is crazy big right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics of Ross and Addi! We still hope to see your car parked outside... :( Hope all is going great in Oregon! Jealous of the dishwasher...

    ReplyDelete