Friday, July 1, 2011

Going!

Okay - so I have said we're going to Oregon all along, but now....we're REALLY going.  I really had to take a long time to be okay with how much money we are going to go into debt, but I got the answer that in no uncertain terms - we need to go to Oregon.  Alright then!  Here we go.  I have been doing some serious investigating on to how we are going to live throughout a loan filled 3 years.  I have found that I'm pretty much going to have to wait until we actually move to Oregon to get some of the resources we'll need.  The apartment hunt begins - Hillsboro is the place!  Wow - and we're leaving August 5th - we decided to put a date on it to get us moving.  I'm heartbroken to take Ross away from his grandparents, but they are just going to have to come visit an awful lot!  I was telling Steve how I'm going to have to get back out of my hermit shell again to make friends so I don't go out of my mind being alone with the cutest baby in the world.  We'll have to invite a lot of people over for dinners to see if they are friend material out there. Haha.
At the moment, Steve has finally put in his two weeks at work and we are going to play and pack up the rest of the summer.  I'm trying to soak in all the time I get to have him home with me and Ross right now, and dreading when he's going to be spending those long days at school.  It must be done though right? 
Steve got a couples massage for his Father's Day present (yes I invited myself in on the present I gave him) and we went to get them yesterday - SOOOO nice.  I love a good massage.  I would get one every day if I could.  Steve is addicted too - he begs for one any chance he gets, so getting a professional one was beyond this world to him.  The only other massage he has gotten like that was on our Honeymoon cruise.  I, however, forgot to ask how much it would cost which ended up with us paying about $250 for massages.  Needless to say, our penny pincher, Steve had to go to our room and lay down for an hour dwelling on how we were already in debt (not really) after only being married a day!  Haha - we got over it though and this massage was much better for him since I already bought them before we went.  
Ross is just growing like crazy.  He gets better and better at holding up his head, but it is still a chore for him.  His head was measured in the 75th percentile though so I understand it would take him a little longer to hold that brilliant brain up with his little neck.  He loves to arch his back now when you pump his legs and continue to blow raspberries all the time.  We just can't get enough of him.  He loves attention and gets annoyed when you are out of the room and he's by himself.  Lately he has pulled another Houdini act of wriggling his arms out of his swaddled blanket and laying them in the hail mary position by his head.  It's funny though - he can't get to sleep officially unless his arms are pinned down, yet he wants them by his head to sleep.  Such a cutie.  
I am getting more used to being at home all the time.  We have taken to going on walks early in the morning with Ross which has helped me feel more energized and easing into that exercising I need to do.  Steve and I quite enjoy them.  I get to stay with my little guy and keep our house together like I've always wanted to do.  It's funny though when you come from being busy like crazy at school juggling everything around.  I think it will hit me more once fall comes and it's time for school to start again.  I love being a stay at home mom though - it's the best job in the world.



Gotta have some bug-eyed sunglasses for summer!

Smiley faces in the car!



Steve was trying to pass the Queen Amidala look on to Ross.

Our adopted brother Yung!  He left to go back home to China for the summer before his mission.  (He was standing on his tippy toes - he's not THAT tall.)



Ross saying good-bye to Yung

The 21 year old T-bird!

So we're actually selling my ol' high school Thunderbird finally.  That car has just kept running and running and running - even though it's dented and rusted.  What a good car. :)


Cute smiles while getting burped!







1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's really happening. NOOOOOOOOO STACY don't go! I miss you already when I think about the next three years!

    ReplyDelete