| Ross in his cute pajamas his grandma got him - he's a candycane! |
| Haha - can't resist the bug eyes. He's got the nickname Bugsy. Love those cheeks! |
| Cute boy - getting over a little baby acne. He's taking it like a champ though! |
| I broke out my new sewing machine and made a baby sling! |
| Ross seems to find it suitable. :) |
Our little Ross is a whole month old now! I can't believe how the time is flying. Of course it does with a newborn - the days all just blend into each other. If you catch a few hours of sleep in between you're lucky. I wish I were more used to only having a few hours of sleep - it never seems to get any easier! Ross sure is growing. He is 9lbs. 9 oz. now and chubbing up. I just love chubby babies so I can't wait for the rolls to come. He's already got some cute ones on his legs. His cheeks are puffing up too. He is more of a talker - even in his sleep! We've caught him laughing and talking a little more too. I even got my own smile finally today! Steve is finishing up his finals and our fingers are crossed that he doesn't need to do any more classes this summer so we can just enjoy our little family. It's always better having Steve home - he brings out the humor in everything which I need!
I've been attempting to be a housewife and I'm finding I am so not as good at it as I thought I would be. Our house is usually a wreck with laundry half done, dishes half done, cleaning half done, and me half dressed! So...I think I'm a half-housewife right now. I'll be working on becoming a whole one someday. It's funny how you picture yourself in situations, and then find how unprepared you are when you're actually in them. That's the fun in it though right? Fun, fun, fun!
I've broken in my new sewing machine and made a baby sling. I tried Ross out in it and he immediately fell asleep - genius! I did happen to make it too big though and had to improvise to shorten it. Oh well. When I went into the sewing shop to buy some material and a pattern (note - it's been about a million years since I've really been sewing) I felt like I stepped into a Japanese speaking country. I've forgotten all the lingo and terminology for sewing - so I looked like a total dorkface asking obvious questions. I even took my sewing machine back in saying there were tension problems when I just was threading it wrong. At least I'm not afraid to admit I'm a total beginner!
Steve will be graduating tomorrow which is SO exciting. He can't wait to be done. I can't wait for him to be done. It's been a long semester that needs to end. Hooray for him graduating! We'll be celebrating all weekend!
In those days, it took me 3 days to fold a basket full of clothes. You sound normal to me. Just wait for how proud you'll be when you'll make an entire dinner one-handed!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way. I feel like I take care of a bunch of stuff and it's only ever half done. By the time the clothes are all washed, ready to fold, there's always more that has to be done. Yay for graduating!
ReplyDeletei love those pj's. Of course I am a sucker for stripes. Graduating is pretty exciting stuff too. The day Ryan graduated from byu he kept whistling the theme from harry potter. I guess the black robes inspired him! It probably doesn't help much but I am pretty sure I am still just a half home maker too. In fact the only reason I am still up is because I am waiting for ryans scrubs to finish washing so I can toss them in the dryer before bed. Sounds like you guys are doing great! Ross is a cutie!
ReplyDelete