Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Goofiness and Grass!

April was a month of playing pranks on us left and right, weather-wise.  It seemed that every day Steve had off of work was rainy or stormy - which didn't make for great conditions in trying to get our yard ready for grass.  We got ready anyway!

BUT - during the days of storminess, we goofed around just a bit...



I'm sure there MUST be some more room for a bit more banana in that mouth, don't you think?

Ross earned enough stickers/money to get Spiderman.  We ordered it on the computer on Thursday, and it said it would get here Monday.  They decided to wait by the window (Friday) just in case the mailman brought it!  It didn't work out so well - but he got it eventually!

Ruby decided to do my hair.  She kept saying, "Mommy, hold really still!" I wonder where she heard that before??


One of our stormy days, we made a sweet fort...glasses stealing baby included. ;)  Can you see his little hand??

A rare visual of said baby.  He wanted to hang out in there for ever...until he realized he could wreck it - then that's all he wanted to do.

Movies viewed in boxes are always much more enjoyable.

A snuggle morning.  Ruby and Rowland play together a little more these days. ;)

You know he's a terrific daddy, when his daughter wants a princess book read and he even does the voices....she was totally into it!

The crazy storm clouds mixed with sunshine one soccer practice.

So I may have decided to make my sister some baby bows for her baby girl she is having....and I went a little crazy!

I tried out a "Make Your Mark" painting night with my good friend Kami.  It was fun - even if my trees look like I'm still in preschool. ;) 
Working on our yard - Rowland took command of our tree stump.

Goofy face!

Stump boy to the rescue!!

Ruby found her cowgirl boots and promptly told me, "Mommy, I fink I need a horsey."

Skirts and boots!  Love it!  She's still asking me for a horsey. ;)








It's a bit tricky trying to figure out how to do Ruby's hair when it's shorter on the top and longer on the bottom and super fine.  This headband braid seems to work out pretty well though. :)


Graham crackers and milk - a yummy snack!

Another stormy day it decided to hail...


Family movie night!  I even got Rowland to hold still for 15 seconds!




SO - we also have been working on getting our grass in for weeks and weeks.  We've flip flopped over planting vs. sod, getting topsoil, and where to put the grass.  Once we finally decided we talked about a billion small tiny rocks, shoveling topsoil everywhere, raking it out, moving sprinklers, fixing sprinklers, raking dirt again, fixing more sprinklers, and finally raking after a hard rainstorm again to finally be ready for the sod!  And we finally got it!


The beginning...





The dump truck of topsoil couldn't fit in our back gate....so we got the pleasure of shoveling it out of the alley and THEN spreading it around our yard.  Double the pleasure my friends.  Lucky for us, Steve's fam was visiting so we put Auntie Meghan right to work. ;) She and I swapped some juicy stories in all our hours of dirt digging. ;)

Ross helped with his dump truck too!


Our sprinklers have always been a bit finicky...and every time we thought they'd be figured out, something else would happen.  But, with the help of an expert, Martin, and trial and error, Steve figured it out!

Soooo - we had some pretty good rainstorms before we got our sod...so guess who got to do some more raking and shoveling???!  Just when I thought I couldn't get enough of it!  BLAH!

But THIS picture made all that stinkin' work all worth it.  This patch is like Steve's 4th baby.  We have to ask permission to walk on it. ;)  JK!
It's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment