Friday, January 15, 2016

A Ruby Birthday - This Girl Turned 3!

I never thought Ruby would be three years old.  Never.  She wasn't allowed to get older.  Her brother kept defying me, I don't know how I thought my fire cracker, Ruby, would listen either.  Although I am happy to be away from those months of her being 2.  Whew!  


We had a very fun family party for this girl.  The day before I decided to attempt a princess cake.  It wasn't crazy hard, but it sure made a mess!  Ruby kept staring at the rounded mountain of a cake I was making asking if it was time for presents yet.  

She's not perfect, but Ruby sure thought she was. ;)


She got up, enjoyed her decorations, and we went for birthday donuts which was good, because I was tired from staying up late making her cake. ;) She picked a pink one of course. :)

This girl LOVES wearing her Minnie nightgown with slippers (from her Great Aunt Renee) every night I let her!


Figuring how the "3"


Delicious donuts and birthday cards!


She even let me curl her hair (I had to have a show on for her to hold still) and I died over how cute it was!

My poser girl ;)

"Are we done with pictures yet???"




It was mostly a regular day with grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles calling to wish her a happy birthday.  Her choice for lunch - was of course - macaroni and cheese and peas.  I seriously cannot believe how quickly she can inhale that meal when it seems I'm pulling teeth trying to get her through other meals!
 
A little snuggle time while Ross was at preschool and Rowland was napping.  Love my girl!


A rare moment when these two cuddle!  Cuties :)



That evening when Daddy got home, he brought his little girl a flower and balloons (also a hit), we had pizza for dinner, opened presents - which was pretty much like Christmas between us and my parents.  She got some more dress ups, cute new red shoes, and pretend make-up brushes, and some "jewelry".  She loved every second of it!

Ruby LOVES crowns...so she got a giant one to wear during the day - with HERSELF on it. ;)

Daddy's home to celebrate!

Present time!


New dress ups are the best!

Then it was time for cake.  I'll tell you - she still talks about it.  It was a definite hit!


Lovin' her cake!


This independent girl has some favorite things:
Dressing up - her wedding dress is her favorite.
Little bags or boxes she can keep things in - she takes them with her everywhere.
Her blankily is still her favorite to sleep with.
Coloring
Singing - SERIOUSLY - she LOVES to sing and lip sync
Her dance class
Macaroni and Cheese
Pretzels
Pears
Apples
Sugar Snap Peas
Green Beans
Any form of candy
Painting
Playing Hide-and-Seek
Getting out of her bed at least 10 times a night requesting anything from drinks to getting tucked back in.

Happy Birthday to our favorite three year old!!  We love you Ruby!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment