Thursday, March 12, 2015

Throw Up at Midnight....Orange you glad you weren't there?

Obviously I'm quite behind on blogging.  That is because the need for sleep trumps blogging by a mile - also cleaning, organizing, grocery shopping, showering, even possibly brushing teeth.  That is how addicted I am to sleep.  I MUST HAVE IT - and lots of it.  But, a cute little Rowly Powly named Rowland has found a way to trump EVEN sleep.  He's very lucky he's adorable - so were my other children, because if you ask my husband - not much else can overtake my need for sleep.

Back to the catchy title for this post:

Once upon a time there was a sleep deprived mother who had just settled in after feeding her baby for the last time that night, double tucked in her other two sleeping children, brushed her teeth, and relaxed into the perfect position for a few hours of more-precious-than-gold sleep.  

We all know children seem to have a sixth sense of when their parents are going to finally settle down.  Ruby decided to act on hers literally within a minute of my laying down.  

The poor thing threw up all over her bed.  We found WHOLE orange slices that I had bargained with her to eat in order to have M&M's that night (she has gotten CRAZY picky in eating and I can barely get any fruit or vegetable in her these days - I thought her eating oranges was a big success!). She had swallowed those things WHOLE  - ALL of them.  We cleaned her and the bed up and crossed our fingers putting her back down that it was just a one time thing and not a bug....I began brainstorming my blog title for this experience as I laid back down only to be prompted for round two...and THEN for a third round to top it off - had to get all those ENTIRE orange slices out of her little system that couldn't handle it. 

Just so you know - we made it through the night and zombied through the next day and eventually got back to treading water in the sleep department instead of drowning. ;)

 In other news:

I have been quite proud at how I've been juggling the three balls of fun.  Not that it's perfect by any means, but we're happy and enjoying each other.  

Ruby loves watching herself on home videos - particularly this one:


She'll even lip sync the words - she's a quick one.  Also Cinderella is her favorite - hands down.  Totally makes sense seeing how her story has to do with shoes.  Ruby telling the Cinderella story would go like this when showing off the glass slipper part comes up.  "And look...pretty shoes!"  I'm not sure how much longer her own pretty shoes are going to last - they are wearing down FAST.

Ross keeps us laughing all day long and continues to be so sweet.  Last night he didn't want to eat his chicken.  When I asked him why he said, "That chicken is too creepy."  Creepy chicken people - I have mastered the kitchen in the entree of creepy foods.

He still eats his fruits and vegetables first before the main part of a meal - our healthy eater. :)  Though his addiction to goldfish continues.

Ruby prefers pretzels.  Also she enjoys hats - LOVES her helmet for her bike as well.  I can finally get her hair in two pigtail braids that Steve repeatedly tells me is the cutest thing ever.  Steve is QUITE protective of Ruby's hair.  The other night I was cutting Ross's hair and Ruby wanted a turn.  I told her I would trim it, but she refused my using scissors and insisted on the clippers just like Ross. (Like I'm going to use THOSE on her).  I turned on the clippers and pretended to "cut" but just let the bottom of the clippers vibrate on her head.  She was satisfied.  Steve made sure to ask me if I had indeed cut her hair at all - which I hadn't.  He looked relieved.  Haha.  Funny Daddies.



Here are a whole slew of pictures to update you on our lives for the last few weeks:
 


We broke out our easel and the kids went wild coloring and painting. 

Ruby especially.  That girl is going to be an artist. :)


Ross prefers cutting.  He had to color and paint for a while before I would let him do some cutting.


Cute kids in aprons!

Ruby REALLY wanted a bite.  Watch the video of how it sounded her waiting for the next one. :)


Ross balanced and fit all his little cars on to his crane tipped over and was quite proud.  He required a picture. :)

Strategically placed...

With warmer weather showing up, we broke out the bikes and helmets outside.  This face is the cutest ever!

He was very proud of his Dusty helmet.

Ruby loved her helmet too!

She had to wear it during lunch.  Protection required even when eating.  Safety first!

Practicing outside.

And at the park!


Tire swings are awesome.  Rowland has a nice photo bomb in the background there. ;)


Digging in sandboxes are also a must.

Sandbox volcano's are also way too fun!

We got a cold day once when Ross wanted to still go outside - we lasted 3 minutes...



Dad works REALLY hard all day and comes home to play with the kiddos right when he walks in.  It usually ends with him on the floor and the kids clambering all over him. :)

Rubes spending some time with Rowls.





This is the first smile I caught on camera.  He has the sweetest face!




This is his usual face - concentrating and wondering what the heck is going on. ;)


Caught a silly face :)

This face is to die for!  "Yeah, I know I'm cute!"

Read the shirt ;)


Chub face


Steelers onesie courtesy from Auntie Meghan

Ross likes to turn the binkies into spaceships

Did you know fairy princesses and firemen also watch Curious George?

Fish lips!


We went to Syrucuse, Kansas to check out some Donkey Basketball, but were too late!  So we went for ice cream at Porkey's instead. :)


It's so hard snuggling babies. ;)

We're finally getting some chub on this Rowland.  Third roll on the leg finally!

My baldy baby :)


Saturday chores.  Ross and Ruby LOVE cleaning the toilets.  Let's hope this continues.

Love my babies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment