Tuesday, February 3, 2015

One Week Old Rowland

Well, aside from the slap in the face it is to not get consistent sleep, we have an adorable week old Rowland with us, and a few observations to report about this cute guy:



  • He's finally sorted out his nights for the most part, and I consistently have to wake him up to eat (which is depressing on my part) - though last night I somehow didn't hear my alarm, and we all got away with 5 hours of sleep...a beautiful accident.
  • He detests any sort of chill and throws a fit until he's been snuggled and warmed up.  We finally had some sun and I laid him in it unwrapped and he took a decent nap like a cat all happy sunning himself.
  • He is mostly a fan of his binky - we will definitely get him to love it.
  • Being held and snuggled by his dad may just be his favorite.
  • Sometimes he wakes up grumpy until he's finally completely awake and then he lays there in awe of his surroundings just looking around.
  • He's found his hand a few times in his mouth and happily sucks on it.
  • He furrows his forehead which turns into a raisin.
  • He also has a V shaped birthmark showing up on his forehead which I'm told is an angel kiss.  Stephen thinks it means he's Vulcan. ;)
 
See that V showing up?
  •  Just like Ruby, he has a birthmark on the back of his head near his neck - which is a stork bite. :)  
  • His cries range from a bit of a whimper to squealing like a little piggie.  
  • I can't get over how tiny he is - I have a total of 4 newborn outfits that work for him - the 0-3 always seemed to work for my other two kiddos.  So funny.  He weighed in for his one week appt at 6lbs 6.5oz which is 6 oz heavier than when we left the hospital.  We're working hard on fattening him up. :)  He's a VERY sleepy eater.

We are beginning to get situated here.  My wonderful mother is a superstar entertaining my kids and making delicious meals.  It's so nice being able to just worry about the baby when I need to and am slowly easing in to the idea of taking care of three kids by myself during the day (still terrifying actually).

I took a shot at doing Rowland's newborn pictures.  He tried really hard to not be compliant unfortunately, but we managed a few good pictures.  All my kids prefer to be awake for pictures I guess.  We sure love this boy though.  Nothing like a new baby. :)






I love feet pictures!













Sun Bathing :)






Happy Love Month from this little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment