Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day 2014!

Well I got into my usual mode for Valentine's day.  At least one of our meals has to be Valentine themed.  I figured to start it off nice for Steve and  actually make him breakfast (don't ask me when the last time was that I did that).  He was quite pleased. :)
 
Sausage, Scrambled Egg, and a Pancake with Apple Accents :)


Fired up for the day!

As he was just about to leave and I was finishing up Ross's breakfast, Ross came out saying he threw up....he just likes to give throw up as presents for the holidays I guess.  Christmas, Valentine's,  good times.
I snuggled him in with his blankets and pillow to chill and gave him tablespoons of water about every 5 minutes...which came back up after three Tablespoons.  I was flipping out a little bit since our friends, the Horchs, were supposed to be staying with us the next day on their trek back to their next internship.  I was guessing it was just something Ross ate since he was his merry old self otherwise.  I let our friends know and decided to watch him.  I was also flipping out because the kids were supposed to go stay with my parents for the night while Steve and I went out to celebrate Valentine's and sleep in the next day.  This hasn't happened since before Ross was born people....my plan was not to allow this to happen!  


Poor Sickie

This girl got to enjoy Ross's breakfast instead :)



Ross seemed just fine from about 9 on so I took that as a good sign and let everyone know our plans were still on!  
 
Cute Valentine clothes contributed by Grammy Joanne :)




Hugs!

This boy just gets cuter and cuter!

My love machine :)

This girl just wanted to brush her 5 teeth all morning...




I packed the kids up after their naps and headed to Cabela's where I was meeting my parents and brother to do the switch off.  Traffic was bad and just when I got off the exit, I took a wrong turn and somehow ended up back on the freeway...seriously...in bad traffic.  So about 20 minutes AFTER THAT, I finally met up with them and did the hand off.  Whew!

 Here's a video my brother made of what they kids did at Cabela's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQJumBuBEg&feature=youtu.be

I hurried home and Steve and I set out for some AMAZING Indian food (seriously - Flavor of India in West Jordan was fabulous!) and to see a chick flick - Winter's Tale.  It started out fairly interesting if not a bit confusing...but when Will Smith showed up in 1910 wearing a t-shirt with a suit coat and earrings, I just let it go.  Fun to see something different though.

We were both a bit weirded out with the lack of children sleeping and fans running...but when I woke up the next day at 10....boy - that was a beautiful moment!  Happy Valentine's to us!  Steve and I both wrote cheesy, cute love poems to each other and enjoyed some chocolate dipped strawberries I made earlier along with our Sparkling Cider.  It was a great holiday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment