We started it out with a breakfast from the heart. ;) Steve couldn't remember the last time I made him breakfast - yes - so this was a momentous occasion. It turned out quite cute, and it was super delicious!
I also learned how to properly melt chocolate as I made some chocolate dipped strawberries, and I made some delicious molten chocolate lava cakes - the kind you get on a cruise or at a fancy restaurant. Ross was a very happy little boy during the day and towards the evening remembered he is currently an only child and can scream for whatever he wants. However, he did go to bed quickly and quietly and stayed asleep for most of the night so Steve and I could enjoy a romantic Valentine's evening. :) I was trying to take cute pictures for his first Valentine's Day...I miss the days when he would just sit there and smile for me. He's way more fun now - but I have to get creative to get a decent picture out of him now...and still - it didn't turn out.
![]() |
| Hmmm - a nice paper... |
| Why would I look at the camera when there's a colorful picture to look at. |
| I don't care if you're making every embarrassingly crazy sound there is in the world, smiling is for 9 month olds... |
| Okay - I'm done with this... |
| What do you want?? |
![]() |
| Oh - here's a smile. My favorite is how his hand is positioned - it would have been perfect with him holding the sign!! I guess I'll have to take care of that for him... |
So with all these magazine worthy photos I've just taken - here's what I came up with in the end...
![]() |
| Happy Valentine's |
By the time I had our romantic dinner made it was close enough to "getting Ross ready for bed" time that we delayed our dinner. When we came back I heated it up - and it was still quite delicious if I do say so myself...just take a look. :)
| Steve already enjoying the night! |
| This is the first time I've cooked Filet Mignon - it was quite delicious actually. Yum. |
| The beautiful flowers got for me even though I told him he could get them later. :) |
| Our molten chocolate lava cake...it was pretty amazing - and simple ingredients too! |




Wish I had come over to dinner at your house! But you wouldn't want me there? What? Oh well. Poor Justin didn't get a fancy dinner because well, I just haven't been able to put that much energy into cooking since Bennett came along. Maybe in 5 years. Looks like you guys had fun, and Ross is a cutie patooty.
ReplyDelete