Monday, June 6, 2011

My Very Own Quiet Book

So I have been working on a quiet book for Ross when he's older and we're at church.  I borrowed my mom's old one I used to play with as a kid and I have done some researching on the internet.  Let me tell you - there are so many ideas out there it is nuts!  I want to do all of them, but then his book would be as larger as an encyclopedia...plus I don't have that much patience.  I like the idea of being able to get a page done within an hour or so.  Here is what I have done so far (I've taken these ideas from my mom, other websites, and my own pretty little head):


This one was super easy to make - just draw the picture, sew together the boat and sew on the buttons to button the boat to.  I LOVE my new sewing machine that sews the button holes for me in 1 flippin' step!


I made this one up which I am very proud of.  I've decided felt is my new favorite material - it is so easy to use for a quiet book. 

This was another of my brilliant ideas ;)  Haha - okay - but you either velcro or snap on the different parts of his suit.  He's already "wearing" a shirt though.  I am going to sew a little suitcase next to him to keep the clothes in.

I love this one.  I had a lot of fun sewing the numbers.
Nothing like a good ol' Lace the pattern deal.

Button the flowers on at the temple.  Always a good idea!
My next page I'm hoping to do is unpacking the picnic basket (with a buckle) and setting the table.  I also want to do a lace the shoe and a road to drive a car on....and a whole lot of other ones.  We'll see how it goes!


I love this one!  They have to undo the buckle and set the table.

This one took forever because of the finger puppets (yes a random array of animals).  Steve designed Noah.  Ross is going to love this when he's old enough!

Tie the shoe - it turned out quite cute I think.

I love this one - I cut out cars and trees from some extra material I had from a baby blanket.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment